Reaction score
I want to replace the standard horn as it sounds like Brum and my partner keeps laughing at it! Anyone changed the horn or added a tone? If so how?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've changed mine, it's an easy install really. the one i fitted is in my pics in the garage. Same one the use on the Dakar rally.

Reaction score
Cue/Day.... where abouts is the horn? Where did you locate the Dakar Horn? Can I down load any instructions from anywhere? :p

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i put it on the same mount as the original one - you do need to splice an additional wire on to the OEM one, but it's very easy to do. The horn came with full instructions. i think there is a link to the company i bought it from somewhere on the site - do a search for "horn".

You'll need a bolt and nut in addition to the wire, splice and connector that it lists in the instructions (under option C). Think it cost about £30 from memory...

http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/garage.ph ... 90&MID=492

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oh the horn is located next to where the cold air feed ends or starts i guess. you need to take the wheel off (passenger side) remove the front of the wheel arch liner (a couple of screws and 3 clips, which just pulls out) and the horn is in front of you, secrued by a bolt.

Don't remove the mount - just unsrew the bolt and un plug the horn.

Splice the wire, affix the new connectors, bolt on the new horns (just fits) connect the wires and test.

Now put the bodywork back on, put the wheel back on and scare your neighbours!

Reaction score
Cue, Thanks for the advice...sounds like quite a quick job! I found a set of horns for £28 on the WWW....choice of hi or low frequency....will go for the hi I think! :D

Reaction score
hmm looks like the horn on the Trophy is different to the FF 182???

I took mine into Renault the other week about the sound, told me it had some water in it and replaced it. However the horn sounds exactly the same as before. I now imagine Renault have changed the horn in the Trophy hence the different sound?

Maybe to save weight? :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not sure, I haven't seen a 182 FF horn. The one that comes out weighs more than the one I put in I know that much, plus the one that went in is a dual horn as opposed to the OEM's single horn.

Reaction score
ahh, pretty sure its different to the FF 182 unless mine is fooked. I need to do a horn test with some other Trophys :lol: