Reaction score
Need some new fronts on my Trophy, got Toyo's on back.

Any deals or reccos out there? Just been reading a few tyre threads but all seem out of date.

What is the best Michelin at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Found anywhere at a decent price Jon? They have gone up considerabley since the release

Reaction score
Just thinking about two myself so popped into the local HIQ, They quoted me £102 each fitted 2 days delivery time ?

Sure with a bit of negotiation they would be under £180 for the pair as most places give 10% off easily.

Are you sure they dont just want to sell you more expensive tyres? so tell you no stock?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Are you sure? I just checked online and their "find a tyre" thing couldn't even find a tyre with our fitment let alone a michelin PE2. For that price I will give them a call though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just thinking about two myself so popped into the local HIQ, They quoted me £102 each fitted 2 days delivery time ?

Sure with a bit of negotiation they would be under £180 for the pair as most places give 10% off easily.

Are you sure they dont just want to sell you more expensive tyres? so tell you no stock?
Thats cheap! Are they 205/45/16?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think with a bit of negotiating I managed to get even my local place down to £115, fitted and balanced per tyre. So I'm sure a bigger company might be able to offer you a bit more of a discount even on that price?

On a side note, I found this via google shopping and searching for "205 45 R16 PE2"

http://lovetyres.com/tyre/Michelin-Pilot-Exalto-PE2/205-45-16

On this evidence it would seem that one company has some left, unless they are lying through their teeth (which I think they might be, because I searched high and low for these and found nothing as aucky says).

I know its a 'W' speed rated tyre and not a 'V' rated one. Has anyone tried the two types and could let us know if there is actually a discernable difference in feel or if it is negligible?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ahh! I didn't bother trying to actualy buy any!

As I said before, I was pretty certain I couldn't find any anywhere. The PS3 has been around for a while now and I would imagine that all remaining stocks of the PE2 have dried up with the odd exception of a second hand one here and there. I put two new PS3's on the rear and shifted the rear PE2's to the front. After about two weeks of the back end feeling a little bit more loose they seemed to "bed in?". I am now completely at home with them and believe they are just as good as the PE2, but better in slippery conditions.

Has anyone else had a bedding in period with these? I thought it might be release gel from the mould (I know this is a problem with motorbike tyres I've seen a guy drop a bike straight after having a tyre fitted because it litterally slipped out fom under him pulling out of a junction!), or a shallow layer of different rubber because it is touching the outside of the mould? Just my two pence worth.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Quite possibly. I thought they were crap when I first fitted them I the back, better now I guess.
I was actually looking at them this morning, would you agree that the shoulder of the ps3 has more of a rounded edge than the more square looking pe2?

Reaction score
Found anywhere at a decent price Jon? They have gone up considerabley since the release

Best I've found is via lovetyres, 4x for £420 Delivered. Then my local tyre place usualy fits and balances for £10 a wheel. So £460 for 4x PS3's in 205/45/16. (V Rating)

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, going to hunt around for some PS3's at £102 mark. It seems that putting them on the backs and placing my others on the front seems the best way forward. Got Toyo's on all over at the moment, not my choice but the car came with them!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just managed to score the last two PE2 from Camskill :rolleyes:, I think, as they have already managed to send me a 17"