Reaction score
My original exhaust is pretty much rotten through now, and the left back box is rattling plus the clamp holding the cat to the main system is rotten and strangely has somehow become loose so that it rattles too?!

I've been looking around at what to replace it with and not really sure which way to go. I've ruled out a standard system as it'll only rot again in 4 years time, (and where's the fun in that?!). I'm after something quiet as I have a motorway commute, and would like something a bit lighter than standard, although I reckon that would be any available system.. And I don't want to break the bank! (So no suggestions of Orbi Sound...!)

Some research has led me to the Yozza Stealth system which is apparently quiet.

I like the look of the KTR sports (2 box system), I think this would be quiet and the the tail pipes are subtle.

The KTR/Janspeed seems very similar, but quieter and cheaper.

The Milltek appears heavy with 3 boxes?

Does anyone have another branded system, like Magnex, Scorpion etc?

What are peoples experiences with these exhausts?
Any info is helpful, thanks.

Nick.

Reaction score
You dont want a magnex mate. I have one and its worst thing i ever bought. Plus they went bust so there no warrantey with them.

Reaction score
I went for a Janspeed, build quality is decent enough and the noise isn't too intrusive. If I could go back though I'd have gone to Charlie at Prospeed, get one custom made to your spec for around 300 notes.

Rhod

Reaction score
Cheers. I got a quote from prospeed and it's considerably more than an off the shelf item. I understand it's custom made but can't warrant the extra cost and 5 hour round trip.

I think i'm going to go for the KTR/Janspeed system, decat followed by a remap in the new year. :)

G

nickboazracing said:
Cheers. I got a quote from prospeed and it's considerably more than an off the shelf item. I understand it's custom made but can't warrant the extra cost and 5 hour round trip.

I think i'm going to go for the KTR/Janspeed system, decat followed by a remap in the new year. :)

I know what you mean. I've got a £££ quote from Prospeed but that also included the CAT mod as well. But the quality and fitment will be excellent, hence why I will be going there. Also the customer service from Charlie seems to be very good ( from feedback of buyers) and luckily its only about 2 hours round trip for me so I've decided I will pay them a visit come exhaust time.

But I can see where your'll coming from on the off the shelf exhaust. I was looking at a scorpion RS192, Milltek and KTec exhaust but didnt like the idea of how the exhaust size changed from catback. (pretty sure RS192 is like that) I didnt want to get a decat so decided on the cat mod instead with full 2.5" system.

But a Ktec/decat/remap will equal :mrgreen:

good stuff, if only I had the money now... :cry:

G

The CAT mod basically involves cutting a 1/4 of the CAT off (that connects to the centre res )as this part is restricted to 2.25". A bottleneck you could say and a CAT mod just changes the piping after this to a 2.5" size, thus allowing a full 2.5" exhaust system. Some say Renault designed it this way to help noise reduction? or better low end. But reading the forum, its seems to be a positive mod for the better. (less restriction and more free flowing) (I think Prospeed were the 1st to do this??)

I'm not sure if Cue has had this done on his trophy, but I'm sure he will give you a better insight as I dont really know alot! :oops:

Have a look into 'Mark Fish Cat mod', there should be a bit more info...

hope that helps Nick

Reaction score
This is why I bought an Orbisoud back in the day when I was living near Paris and I could get one for about £700. It comes with the full manifold back larger bore exhaust including sports cat. No narrow pipes, no restrictions. Not bad value if you consider adding a sports cat to any of the other systems out there. Shame it was the 'friday afternoon' version! :shock:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it also changes the connection between the back of the system and cat to a flange type rather than the stupid clamp type that reno put on there... makes changing and adjusting things easier..

Reaction score
I had my KTR Ultra Performance fitted on friday. For a motorway commute, the supersports version is awful, much too boomy for my liking, but the tone when driving round on all other roads is pretty good, not too loud, but with a nice throaty note. I wish I'd have spent the extra £30 and gone for the silenced centre pipe, I reckon that would have been pretty much perfect.

Reaction score
I'm thinking more and more about getting a Scorpion RS192.

nby

Reaction score
we should start a group buy for the 192 catback, a guy on CS arranged with the supplier for them to be £295 delivered thats £50+ off :D

nby

Reaction score
I've already asked and it has indeed finished #-o , RS192 exhausts are only sold by yatesandbloomfield who are an internet only/mail order company.

Contact Information:
We are an internet mail order company. We do not have retail premises at this time. You can contact us during work hours (9-5pm Mon-Fri) on our email address sales@yatesandbloomfield.co.uk. We do not have a phone sales line at the moment, so if you have any questions or queries please email us and one of our customer representatives will be in touch shortly. Please be patient while we respond to your query, as we receive a high volume of daily emails.

Not sure if they would be up for another groupbuy as i'm sure 10 could easily be achieved soley on here let alone cliosport

Reaction score
Not decided on the 192 or the K-Tec one yet....

Nick have you ordered one yet? Maybe we could get a small discount if we ordered two at the same time? If you already have it then no worries, would like to hear it though to make my mind up, only up the road mate! :wink:
Send me a PM if interested.

Reaction score
I'm sure if we get the numbers up ordering together we can get some form of a discount.