Reaction score
I recently fitted Brembo Max fronts adn standard rears with red stuff all round,(awaits the slating of red stuff, lol).
For the first 300miles or so they were fine with easy breaking. After that i decided i would try giving them some hard breaking just to see how good they were. They were awsome, couldnt believe how much difference it made from standard set up.
So for the next 300miles ish they were fine, but then for some reason totally unknowen to me why they have developed a vibration sort of thing???? Not all the time, just between approx 55mph and 50mph??? Before and after that they are fine. Also the vabration thing doesnt come through the steering wheel or the brake pedal but more a noise in the car.
Its really hard to explain, just for that 5mph between 55 and 50 the car seems to make a rumble sort of sound, not sure you could call it vibration as nothing rattles on the car, its more a rumble in your ears.
The brakes are still awsome, like i said hard or soft braking they are spot on, just medium breaking they do my head in!

I havent had the wheels off yet to check the pads as i know Red Stuff have a tendancy to fell to bits, but they look fine without removing the wheels.
Is this just a trait of Brembo Max disks???

Thanks
Scott

Reaction score
From my expirience of EBC brakes, they leaving a deposit of its friction meterial on the discs which causes vibration. Fitting a better quality pad will clean this up (over a few hundred miles) and the vibration will go. The discs won't be permanently damaged. TBH I've never heard a good report EBC products.

Reaction score
Had it a bit on my 172 cup it eventually settled down!

I think redstuff are ok at best and it's just the fact they are new that makes them feel ok!

I have never used redstuff myself but greenstuff are considerably worse than standard!