Reaction score
ive found some pics of the new clio sport 200 which hence the name gives you 3 bhp more than standard and looks well............ugly as hell!, thats my opinion. found out that the cup version will be 36kg lighter than the normal version too and the gearing for the first 3 gears is shortend again to help acceleration. what do you think?

Attachments

• Clio-Renault-Sport-01s.jpg
    Clio-Renault-Sport-01s.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Clio-Renault-Sport-04s.jpg
    Clio-Renault-Sport-04s.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Clio-Renault-Sport-05s.jpg
    Clio-Renault-Sport-05s.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Clio-Renault-Sport-06s.jpg
    Clio-Renault-Sport-06s.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Clio-Renault-Sport-08s.jpg
    Clio-Renault-Sport-08s.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Clio-Renault-Sport-11s.jpg
    Clio-Renault-Sport-11s.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
ben182trophy said:
ive found some pics of the new clio sport 200 which hence the name gives you 3 bhp more than standard and looks well............ugly as hell!, thats my opinion. found out that the cup version will be 36kg lighter than the normal version too and the gearing for the first 3 gears is shortend again to help acceleration. what do you think?

all this excitement for pretty much f all more power even 36kg of the cup model what difference is it really going to make? nevermind the awful seats/interior, might as well stick to the 197 until they create something worthwhile, and in my opinion nothing since the trophy has yet to surpass it

Reaction score
Those alloys look like the 'Dare' alloys that everyone was doing cheap for a while! £399 for 17s with tyres! lol

Reaction score
Although it doesn't look great, it was quite a bit quicker round bedford autodrome's west circuit in evo mag- Just over 2 secs if I remember rightly..

Reaction score
To appreciate it you have to see it in the flesh! You could call it Marmite!

If i didn't have the Trophy i would probably purchase one of these in Alien Green with black speedlines :D

Reaction score
saw the TV ad for it earlier tonight. looks a bit cheap from the front. should've colour coded it all [-X

Reaction score
im starting to like it! best colour in white with black speedlines and the full renaulsport bodykit parts ( carbon front splitter,side skirts and spoiler) would look brilliant. get ktr exhaust system with remap and itg maxogen induction kit and i think your on to a winner.

Reaction score
I saw my first one today, GW with the black speedlines. I was behind him for about 4 mile then when we got onto a straight bit of road he put his foot down, so did i in 3rd gear from 30mph, i pulled towards him about 1 car length up to 70mph, then up ahead there is a long fast left, straight into a long fast right, on the left i caught him by approx 2 car lenghts, on the right he pulled away approx 1 car length.
So i would say a old Trophy is quicker in the straights and just the same in the corners, IMO.
I do realise his engine would still be tight and once loosened up a bit it would have been a different story, probably? :wink: As we came to the roundabout at the end of the road he give the thumbs up and went off a different way, just a young lad. My GF was in the car with me and she wasnt too impressed at our antics, she said she had her eyes closed for most of it, but it had to be done.
Got to say i was a hater of the 200 front end after seeing the pics of it but in the flesh its a different story, it looked awsome and i would buy one tomorrow if i had a spare 15K. =P~

Cam

Reaction score
Horrible colour, boring back end, dont like the front lights. Couldnt they do more with the styling? spoilers and wheels arches all need to be bigger

plus it'll probably be 5000-6000 more than a Trophy.

Reaction score
I have to say i agree with power ranger they do look impressive in the flesh. If i remember rightly there was one at the annual trophy meet which looked pretty special. and the likes of Evo and PC raved about them on their first drives. Although i dont think they're quite as special as the Trophy.

Reaction score
I'm still not a fan of any variant of the MK3 Clio however I it seems like a very capable car, just not a Trophy tho :wink:

Reaction score
I had an alien green one in my mirrors all day back in august!

Really nice car and a good improvement over the 197!

Reaction score
I haven't seen one yet! but I've heard a lot of good things about them! I have been told though that they lack the old school French hot hatch feel by not being in his words a 'Paper Airplane'!

Reaction score
Seen a Green and White one. I wasn't keen on the press release photos, but in the flesh they look good. Better than a 197 imo

Reaction score
I saw a green 200 Cup with Black Speedlines a couple of months back. It was parked in a car park and looked the b******s. Out in the real world cars always look better, especially when in the presence of ordinary cars.

Ajr

Reaction score
I hated the looks on paper and screen. Then i saw a few in real life and they do look much better.

There is bags more grip than the trophy and the back end is quite entertaining, much less body roll also, brakes are brilliant, interior is much nicer, sounds great as standard, 20% more torque low down than the 197 which was what i hated about it, much safer and it looks better IMO

My GW cup with black speedlines is due mid June and i'm gagging for it!

Reaction score
Yeah, can't wait for mine too. 3 weeks :D
Gone for Pearl White, Black roof, Black speedlines, Black GT spoiler, cup chassis (so with luxuries).
Will it drive better than my T, don't know. Does it look better, yes. Built better, yes. More comfortable (even with cup dampening), yes.
Will I miss my T? Yes. I don't think it will be as 'raw' as the T, but me and a friend are going to strip out a Ph1 for tracking/messing about in :wink: