New CAR magazine

Reaction score
Just received my copy of the September issue of CAR magazine in the post.

Wow! It looks like an architectural digest. The print quality/paper is so high that I felt bad when I accidentally put a small crease in one of the pages.

Fantastic stuff.

O.

Reaction score
Oh.. major side note!!!

The index of all of the cars in the back has goneeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Yikess!!!! Bold, bold move...

O.

Reaction score
I actually bought my first copy of Car today because it's the first time it hasn't looked completely rubbish next to EVO. I think they decided to remove the car data as they have expanded their website to deal with this side of things so the magazine can be more like a journal. And Coogan is in it and he's the funniest man alive.

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
I actually bought my first copy of Car today because it's the first time it hasn't looked completely rubbish next to EVO. I think they decided to remove the car data as they have expanded their website to deal with this side of things so the magazine can be more like a journal. And Coogan is in it and he's the funniest man alive.

I think they removed it because it overlaps too much with their sister publication - Test Drive.

I appreciate and understand the move but fear that the trendy style may be carving out a niche (read: smaller) market; an upmarket feel magazine.

Time will tell....

O.