Reaction score
The trophy is in need of new brake very soon.
Going to need disc and pads all round.
Got standard on the rear and brembo drilled and grooved discs on the front at the mo.
Whats the best to put on?

Dont what to be spending a fortune but want something thats going to work well.

Reaction score
This question has been address countless times... although the DS2500s are very good when up to temperature, they are quite poor when they are not. I have the DS2500s but if I was to replace these, I would go for the Pagid Blues - more expensive but overall, a better pad. If you have standard pads, you will realise how rubbish they are, particularly when cold or if wet - I'd go so far as say they are dangerous.

At the rears - standard pads are fine.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This question has been address countless times... although the DS2500s are very good when up to temperature, they are quite poor when they are not. I have the DS2500s but if I was to replace these, I would go for the Pagid Blues - more expensive but overall, a better pad. If you have standard pads, you will realise how rubbish they are, particularly when cold or if wet - I'd go so far as say they are dangerous.

Very true this.

My front pads are getting low (not near the limit for a few k miles) and do not really want to spend too much next time round. Although the DS2500's are immense when hot, my driving to and from work does not warrant them!

Hoping if I drop to a more 'standard' pad I will not notice the difference too much.

Will stick to the Brembo HC discs and already have front and rear braided lines.

Should I go for standard pads next or is there an alternative that are not in the price range of the DS2500's?

Thanks

Reaction score
Standard brembo HC's and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front, standard rear. Rated by a lot of people.

+1

I had this setup fitted on friday.

Make sure you bed the brakes in properly.

http://www.essexparts.com/learning-center/cat/brake-rotors/post/Bed-in

Y
es they might now be great when cold, but tbh how hard do you use your brakes when cold? They'll be better than most cars when your tootling around town. Don't forget to replace the fluid. I went with Gulf Competition RF1000. Probably a bit of an overkill but it wasn't that expensive. Used less than 1l. ]

James.

Reaction score

Mark is spot on. If you can afford it Pagid blues are far better from cold and last for ages. I took my DS2500 off after a few thousand miles as I thought they were a bit of a liability. My first set of Pagids and HC's must have lasted at least 40k. Make sure you shop around as prices vary a lot. Otherwise It might be worth considering something more standard for road use.
When do you use your brakes when cold? In an emergency possibly or in town or at the end of a dual carriageway at the first roundabout. They were at their worst in wet weather.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Admittedly I've only driven the car a handful of times since bedding in said setup. But I've found their bite and stopping power when cold is still way more than I need. I think you're just being over fussy.

I've driven a nissan navara on and off for the last 2years, my brakes cold are better than the pickups have ever been. You just drive to the conditions, of both the road and the vehicle.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Discs - Brembo Max
Pads - Ferodo DS2500 or Pagid Blues

Maybe worth getting uprated braided brake hoses aswell as some really good brake fluid.

Reaction score
Discs - Brembo Max
Pads - Ferodo DS2500 or Pagid Blues

Maybe worth getting uprated braided brake hoses aswell as some really good brake fluid.

I wouldn't bother with the braided lines. Fresh fluid is a good idea though.

Reaction score
Admittedly I've only driven the car a handful of times since bedding in said setup. But I've found their bite and stopping power when cold is still way more than I need. I think you're just being over fussy.

I've driven a nissan navara on and off for the last 2years, my brakes cold are better than the pickups have ever been. You just drive to the conditions, of both the road and the vehicle.

No doubt they are not the worst pads - EBC yellows are far worse, but for the driving that I was doing I was getting caught out which was unacceptable to me. Not had that with Pagids so that's my preference.

Reaction score
Whatever pad you go for just make sure they're fitted properly. Most pads mentioned (ferodo and Pagid) require the anti sequel shims to be removed and ends filled down a bit. Do this and whatever ones you go for will be awesome.

Had both DS2500 and RS4-2, prefer the pagids but price difference is quite large now.

Reaction score
I fitted new ds2500's recently, (first time I have done it myself).
They are just starting to squeal and I was wondering what you meant when you said remove shims and file the ends.
Now they have done a few hundred miles would it be too late do the adjustment.

Cheers
Gerry

Reaction score
The mileage won't make a difference. From memory you need to file the pad on the sides and back, half a mm might be enough.

Reaction score
I fitted new ds2500's recently, (first time I have done it myself).
They are just starting to squeal and I was wondering what you meant when you said remove shims and file the ends.
Now they have done a few hundred miles would it be too late do the adjustment.

Cheers
Gerry

No wont be too late, chances are they'll be bit tight now. DS2500 were fitted to mine when I bought it and didn't know about that issue so learnt the hard way xD