Reaction score
Unfortunately this forum is not active enough to help people, in the time frame that they need help, it can be days before some people's questions get answered, I did suggest getting a Facebook set up again but that got shunned

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Unfortunately this forum is not active enough to help people, in the time frame that they need help, it can be days before some people's questions get answered, I did suggest getting a Facebook set up again but that got shunned

That's only a very small part of it and not why I will not be active on here.It is/was always going to be a limited forum but it used to be great, I would always look forward to logging on and spending time here but over the last couple of years there has been no direction and no one to provide that direction. It feels as though it has been deliberately left to wither on the vine. I know Ben does moderate the forum but I can't remember the last time I was logged in and there was a mod/admin on at the same time and even rarer an actual post from one of them. These guys should at least be a presence welcoming new members offering direction etc. Recently Nik offered me the post of moderator and though I never wanted the title I agreed as I might be able to help a little. I have heard nothing back since.
When the forum moved over to this format there was much promised, none of it has been done. Some of us put money into help and I guess those guys like me feel a little cheated.
The comment above about CT soon becoming part of CS is probably not that far away unless a few more start slamming a few doors and making some noise.

Reaction score
yeah well thats what i mean about the facebook idea, it would get us some advertisement, pick some people that are not on here ect

and yeah we really could do with some active admin/mods, as the current ones seem non existant

Reaction score
Facebook and a forum are two completely different things, you can't compare the two in my opinion.

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for bring up this old thread but was wondering if anyone could give me some advice:

I saw this thread and was in need of some rear dampers for my trophy. I contacted Matt at stealthsport via email and he advised he could pre-order a set with refundable deposit of £100. This was in August. I payed this and then waited. According to Matt he regularly contacted Renault with no further updates from them and the dampers still being on back order. In October I decided to sell my Trophy and hence asked Matt if I could cancel my order and the deposit be refunded. He replied saying this was no problem and a deposit would be processed. After a few further emails and similar replies, there was still no sign of a refund. Now I am not getting any response (I have sent 3 emails over the past 2 weeks). I was wondering if anyone on here has heard from Matt or knows a better way to contact him? Perhaps this email address is not valid anymore (I am using the one he posted on here on the first page of this thread).

Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for bring up this old thread but was wondering if anyone could give me some advice:

I saw this thread and was in need of some rear dampers for my trophy. I contacted Matt at stealthsport via email and he advised he could pre-order a set with refundable deposit of £100. This was in August. I payed this and then waited. According to Matt he regularly contacted Renault with no further updates from them and the dampers still being on back order. In October I decided to sell my Trophy and hence asked Matt if I could cancel my order and the deposit be refunded. He replied saying this was no problem and a deposit would be processed. After a few further emails and similar replies, there was still no sign of a refund. Now I am not getting any response (I have sent 3 emails over the past 2 weeks). I was wondering if anyone on here has heard from Matt or knows a better way to contact him? Perhaps this email address is not valid anymore (I am using the one he posted on here on the first page of this thread).

Any advice appreciated
Thanks

His website says this:

[h=1]Welcome To StealthSport[/h] [h=3]We are currently busy creating our new online performance parts shop, meanwhile you can visit us at our showroom/workshop in Basingstoke or contact us on either 07500 220083 or matt@stealthsport.co.uk[/h]

Could always try calling him on the number he lists?

Reaction score
He does post on here occasionally - Trophy299 is his username.

I'm not sure whether Stealthsport is still a going concern or not. They appeared as an official trader on cliosport.net but didn't stay much longer than a few weeks.

Sadly I don't have any way of contacting Matt, but others might - I know some people traded with him.

Very best of luck.

Reaction score
When the forum moved over to this format there was much promised, none of it has been done. Some of us put money into help and I guess those guys like me feel a little cheated.

Yep! Wonder what happened to the funds??

Reaction score
To be honest for an owners specific website forum it's pretty shiit here, seems mostly in due part to the owners of this forum who no longer have any interest in it , it seems. They should be burned on the stake for letting it languish and not appointing moderators. Haha

Reaction score
But there's so little traffic here that almost nothing needs moderating, just the very occasional bit of spam.

Appointing a handful of mods isn't going to turn this forum into a happening place.

What do people want from this forum, anyway? Has anyone got any ideas for threads which they'd like to see/start/be involved in?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hoolio

Yep! Wonder what happened to the funds??

I can't recall if it was either £50,£75 or £100 but i gave one of these amounts to the Admin team when the forum moved over to its new database and like above i feel shafted.

The forum could be a good place with a lot of it taken away and trimmed down.

I for one would start doing decent "How Too" guides and things along with taking away a pile load of rubbish thats been posted.

Reaction score
Just an update - tried the numbers without any luck. Further emails sent with no reply.