Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just got myself a 2004 182 clio, black, had a golf 1.6 previously and my fiancee purchased a civic type r! So i needed a car that would keep up but not be silly evo expensive!

I want to get an induction kit fitted and get the engine tuned, is this a good idea?? ( she still gets about a meter ahead from me at lights)!!! :?

Also i am wondering how can i make it a little louder, the exhausts as far as i kno are standed, can a bigger exhaust be fittediv seen them on some clips, or can i just get two bigger tail pipes?? any advice and tips on this car will be greeted with open arms!

Also no manual with the car so i dont kno what the red led is for by the ciggerette lighter or the little blue led by the overhead lights or how to turn off the auto lights / wipers ect.....

Thanks in advance everyone!

Reaction score
Hello mate,

I think most people have opted for a replacement panel filter as opposed to an Induction Kit - you get the same results for a lot less money

Exhaust - there are a number available, depending on your budget, I opted for a Cat back Janspeed system and got a decat, quiet at idle, sounds nice when you give it some!

As for tuning the eingine, probably the best mod for your money is to get the Inlet manifold matched, and then have the ECU remapped to suit

If you do a search for the manifold match, you should find plenty of info on that - most people use Ben at Angel Works, his reputation amongst RS owners is second to none!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Riggs said:
angel works? is that the same people as angel tuning?

no to answer that one.

RS Tuning in leeds will do a remap and the inlet for you - it's supplied by Ben @ Angelworks I believe.

RS Tuning is rated as one of if not the best Reno tuning places in the country, Angelworks like wise on the engineering side of your car. There are a few decent other places, Yozzasport in Staffs for instance.

Reaction score
Cue said:
Riggs said:
angel works? is that the same people as angel tuning?

no to answer that one.

RS Tuning in leeds will do a remap and the inlet for you - it's supplied by Ben @ Angelworks I believe.

RS Tuning is rated as one of if not the best Reno tuning places in the country, Angelworks like wise on the engineering side of your car. There are a few decent other places, Yozzasport in Staffs for instance.

RS Tuning can get hold of the inlet manifolds?

Interesting, that would save me a couple of hundred miles :wink:

When I enquired, Ben said he didnt have any plenums so unfortunately it had to be done on site - meaning a long old drive down there to get my plenum doctored

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
ben supplies them to Rs tuning so i doubt they'll have any if Ben's run low on them.

That's what i've heard too. Had mine done just over a week ago and the units were taken off and worked on, not just replaced with stock items so i suggest this is still the case.

Reaction score
In terms of an exhaust, if you want something that sounds nice and your budget is fairly open i would suggest a trip across the Channel to that highly regarded french exhaust manufacturer Orbisoud! Great piece of kit, great build quality and a lovely note.

In terms of the manual, i think Gareth (Funkymunky) has one for left over... worth a pm.

the red light by the gear stick is for the Alarm, as for the blue LED i have never noticed it, might not be on a Trophy. We dont have auto lights/wipers either, we only get the budget wiper stalk! lol!

As for tuning, my AWT manifold match made a noticable increase in performance, definately worth the money and if you do take a trip to AWT its always interesting to chat to Ben about other things you can do. Cant recommend them highly enough.

An IK would really just be another way of making noise as the pannel filter with a custom CAF will give equivalent performance. I am about to make the swap back from IK to filter.

The other option is to take some of the FAT out of your 182! lol!