need help on 2 questions....?

Reaction score
sometime after christmas im thinking of getting the maxogen kit for the t even though i have a viper kit fitted. some say.......that its better without the caf, what are your experiences and would i need to have new remap for this? and second question( i feel a little stupid for saying this :? ) is where does the 7500 rpm show on the rev counter, i know 7k sits on the white bar but between the 7k- 8k there are only 2 red bars where else the rest of the rev range have 3 bars between. been watching too many clio 182 0-100 mph vidz and there hitting very close to the 8,000 rpm.

Reaction score
personally I'd save my money as this type of mod has little/no improvement... if you spend your money subjectively you'll probably feel it was worth it though!

Reaction score
Don't bother with a maxogen, unless you can find a cheap used one. Not sure whether they are better with or without a air feed, but I imagine with. May be worth looking at a viper with a cold air feed as great results can be had with that, but for much much cheaper.

Regardless of where the dashes are, or how many there are, 7,500 will be halfway between 7 and 8 on the dash (sounds obvious but the question is also obvious) but I wouldn't worry, you shouldn't be changing up there anyway, peak power is at 6,500rpm on the standard engine so change at no more than 7k. Why, 7,500 though? I think the redline is 7250, or have you had yours raised?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt I'm surprised you say not to bother with a maxogen, presumably because results are unproven but then go on to recommend a viper,which he has, because of good results?

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
Don't bother with a maxogen, unless you can find a cheap used one. Not sure whether they are better with or without a air feed, but I imagine with. May be worth looking at a viper with a cold air feed as great results can be had with that, but for much much cheaper.

Regardless of where the dashes are, or how many there are, 7,500 will be halfway between 7 and 8 on the dash (sounds obvious but the question is also obvious) but I wouldn't worry, you shouldn't be changing up there anyway, peak power is at 6,500rpm on the standard engine so change at no more than 7k. Why, 7,500 though? I think the redline is 7250, or have you had yours raised?

ive got the viper kit with caf but not really getting much air into it, do you think i should remove the acoustic valve and put the trumpet down there? and with the 7,500 rpm is ive had a remap from chipped uk and it has been raised to 7.5k, but i only goes upto the first red bar which i thought was 7,250 rpm. this is with the car warmed up. and i get 186 bhp at 7,200 rpm thats my peak acording to my graph so by the time i change gear im at peak just sounds a little strange or ive had a really special remap .....

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Matt I'm surprised you say not to bother with a maxogen, presumably because results are unproven but then go on to recommend a viper,which he has, because of good results?

I missed the part about him already having a viper.

But in answer to your question, when you can have a used Viper for £50-odd quid now (a setup which worked great with a CAF on my car) I would not recommend spending out £400 on a new maxogen, I have always said that. Not sure whether a Maxogen gives more or less gains than a Viper but as said before, unless you can get a cheap one, 'I' would not bother.