Reaction score
Hello all

I've now done almost 2k miles and the car is really loosennig up. Seems to thrive on being driven hard. averaging 31mpg which is not bad overall.

Couple of issues:

1. Sometimes the rev limiter kicks in at 6400rpm. To stop this i stop and restart the engine. I thought it maybe that the ecu thinking the engine is still cold. I never go above 3k until it is fully warmed up. Anyone else experienced this?

2. Passenger door not fully flush down near sill. I didn't notice this when picking the car up, my mate (ex paint/body shop employee) noticed it. According to dealer it is very slightly out and door hinges not adjustable on the Clio. Solution - accept it or if it really gets on my nerves, push for a new door which will mean a complete respray of one side of the car. Reluctant to do this as spray shops no matter how good, never seem to achieve the same quality as the factory.

3. Slightly lumpy idle when warm. Iis this a feature of the 182 engine?

To conclude, what a car !!! I can put of with the plasticy interior and thats from someone coming from driving VAG cars. I've stopped playing GT4 in favour of going for a blast in the trophy even on a winters evening. Try swticing the esp off on these slippery roads (only when no else one is about i must emphasise). Back end will step out which in a front drive car is very impressive......

Looking forward to meeting a few fellow owners at a trackday in the new year. Anything organised yet?

Nick C

Reaction score
Nick - I can't help with 1 or 2, but with 3: I believe that this is due to the aggressive cam profile of the engine... woudn't worry about it :)

Cheers
O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Nick,

On the rev limit issue, the car does have a variable limiter depending on the engine temperature. So when cold, 6400 sounds right, but once the car has warmed it shouldnt be that low.

If you're getting the low limit when the car is warm, it might be worth getting the water temp sensor checked out. This is a commonly faulty part and a few people on here have had them replaced, some multiple times. Usual symptoms of this are a water temp guage that moves all over the place.

Thats bad about the door. I bent the door out of line on my 172 thanks to a gust of wind ripping it open out of my hand. Never did get it fixed and traded it in like it in the end, but i seem to remember looking at a workshop manual that there was a limited amount of adjustment possible. Maybe i misread it though.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

I'll keep an eye on the rev limiter issue and pop into the dealer if it persists. Havn't noticed the temp gauge needle moving about eratically.

NIck C

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you can adjust thee door slightly, on the baar fastened to the inside of the rear quarter (b pillar) unddo the captive bolts and you can move it up and down as well as rotate it slightly - should pull the bottom in a bit.