Reaction score
Hi guys.
my n/s/r shocker has failed and lost all its fluid.
would you recommend a refurb or replacement??
i recently called Renault to get one but they don't seem to be able to price me up the correct Sachs damper.
the car is really bad to drive at the moment.

thanks for looking

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whatever you do you need to do them as a pair which if your going new will prove very expensive. A refurb, in theory, will get them back to almost new condition and be a sight cheaper if you use Cornering force to do the work.

Reaction score
Thanks.
ive had difficulty in trying to find them.
yes I'm wanting to change them in pairs.
ive got the part number so will try Renault again.
i work in the trade so hopefully will get them at a good price

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would buy new ones and replace both the rears.

Here is the price & part number for the rear shocks.

8200 519 954 - £140+vat

RearSachsShock.gif

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whatever you do you need to do them as a pair which if your going new will prove very expensive. A refurb, in theory, will get them back to almost new condition and be a sight cheaper if you use Cornering force to do the work.

Disregard most of that, I didn't read your post properly and didn't realise you were talking about the rear. Blame the 12 hour day I had just done . I'd go new OE, rears are not refurbable as far as I know, Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Reaction score
I have the adjustable rear koni's on mine, from memory they were about £170 for the pair, also if you decide to go down the koni route make sure you look at the picture by picture guide on cliosport.net as the instructions for assembling the top mounts are pretty useless and its quite easy to get wrong!

As above rears cannot be refurbed, the OE Sachs Race Engineering units are pretty good but if im honest i much prefer the feel of my car on the Koni's

Reaction score
I'm in the same position. Are you replacing with OE and what price are you being quoted. My local Renault garage may give me a 20% discount.

Reaction score
I ordered a pair from Renault. (Genuine Sachs shockers) Was hard work without the correct part number.
gave me 45% discount. Just over £110 each!!!
i don't think that's too bad

Reaction score
Ive just ordered a pair of rears also from a dealer and paid less than £100 each.They want your money you just got to beat them down lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm sure I only paid about £115 for a pair of rears from Tom@Wests Renault :/