BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive noticed the drivers side is lower than the passengers side!? the suspension is still solid as a rock. ive recently had the passenger side damper changed.
Does anyone on here have any idea on what could be causing this ?
all comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As Steve said they are all probably slightly wonky and as you seem to have had your fair share of problems it may be that you are a bit more sensitive to their "irregularities".
It's probably the crappy rubber mount but keep an eye on the older damper, check for oil leakage, it will stain any dirt on it a darker shade.

Reaction score
Was it changed by Renault or by your good self?

If Renault fitted it, you should get them to check it out, make sure everything is aligned correctly

Drivers side tyre got plenty of air in it?! #-o

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine's officially 10mm lower on the drivers side - I've had engineers look at it and they've just put it down to me not carrying passengers all that often - so my excessive weight (all 6'3'' and 14 stn) has caused it.

Personally, without the experts opinions, i put it down to damper wear n tear - the drivers side has done a lot more work than the passenger side over the duration of it's life. There's no change in damper performance on mine and until I was told I hadn't visually noticed.

Reaction score
I've not paid a great deal of attention to mine I must admit, but I rarely carry passengers either, if this is true, I'd say its probably just paranoia having had a new unit fitted

p.s. I read this thread title as "My Trophys Learning" - I was intrigued to see what you'd been teaching it :oops:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok this is wierd. yesterday i measured the height of both sides and the drivers side was about 15mm lower than the passengers side, just measured it now and there both near on exactly the same??? the car was parked in exactly the same place when i measured it. yesterday you could actually see it was leaning just by looking at it,
Maybe i am being paranoid !

'Designed for victory' I live in the south west of cumbria not far from Windermere if that helps. im up for a meet if you are.

'Cue' Is the trophy not a bit too small for someone of your height?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well if ya wanna meet up can do coz its not that far + 266 could do with stretching its legs! there are some beltin roads up near penrith!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sounds good. give me a PM nearer the time and well arrange a meet

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG266 said:
'Cue' Is the trophy not a bit too small for someone of your height?

nah a good 3-4" of headroom. Steve (mod) is around the 6'7" mark I think and he found it to be ok also. A bit tight with a helmet though.