Reaction score
Back from the rolling road today and my lightly modded Trophy made...

174.6bhp!!!!!!

I wasn't too upset though as all the standard 182's are reported to never put out more than 168-169bhp. Poor show Renault I say. 7MAT's was the most powerful Trophy there and put out 180bhp!

Torque figure was 151lb/ft so only slightly above the manafacturer's quote 148lb/ft but that is normally about 140-145lb/ft so again I'm not displeased.

So guys if you want the quoted 182bhp better speak to 7MAT and get modding because as standard - they're well short.

For the nerds among you, figures at the wheels for my car with ITG panel filter and Group N ECU re-map were 144.7bhp @ 6550RPM and 125lb/ft @ 5350RPM.

Just to make me feel even more inadequate, a Mercedes CLK 55 AMG that I thought I held off well on the on-ramp to the M23, when I pulled over, he made me look like I was standing still (then proceeded to drive like a complete child blatting up people's backsides at about 160 then slamming on the brakes).

Nice to meet Day, Andy (Neophyte) and 7MAT. I found the blown fuse Matt, problem solved!

Reaction score
Was good to meet you all, glad you got the fuse sorted Steve!

Interestingly the three best performing Clio's there all had Superchip custom remaps done by Graham at Sanspeed.

Reaction score
OliS said:
What did the standard 182's make at the wheels?

Only saw one standard 182 (with 20K on the clock) on the rollers which came out at 170hp, don't know the at the wheel figure?

My at the wheel figure was 150hp (180hp at the flywheel), on the Sanspeed rollers it came out as 161hp at the wheels???

Although the rollers used today are considered to be the most acurate?

Reaction score
The best performing Clio today was a 172 (40K+ miles) complete with 182 manifolds, exhaust system, de-cat, a massive induction system (battery in the boot) and a Sanseed custom Superchip jobbie. At the wheels figure was 155hp.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
The best performing Clio today was a 172 (40K+ miles) complete with 182 manifolds, exhaust system, de-cat, a massive induction system (battery in the boot) and a Sanseed custom Superchip jobbie. At the wheels figure was 155hp.

Which read at 190bhp adjusted! Not bad for a 172 Cup - with the stripping out I could see probably meant it's one fast little motor. Thanks to the owner for the pliers. I think that shows the rolling road there was on the conservative side as it was heavily modded and probably quoted as well over 200bhp.

Andy - yes thanks, it was a 10amp fuse that didn't seem related to the rear wiper, wash and reverse lights but I changed it and it's all now fine. Phew what a relief - I was dreading the stealers having XOG for a month only to scratch it!

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder how much disparity there is between dynos? When we RR'd last Feb at Janspeed I got 144bhp at the wheels and 129 of them torque things completely standard with 4500 miles on it and I think mine may have been the lowest output of the six that ran, but IIRC we were all in and around 144-148 (except Nik at 151-ish I think).

Day

Reaction score
From my understanding the day had some intresting results.

As soon as the guy running the rollers started to slag off other rolling roads I decided to take what I saw with a pinch of salt. I came close to saying something at one point but though better of it lol

On a seperate note I bet there will be some calls to K-Tec on monday morning...

Good to meet you at last Steve :)

Reaction score
Day said:
From my understanding the day had some intresting results.

As soon as the guy running the rollers started to slag off other rolling roads I decided to take what I saw with a pinch of salt. I came close to saying something at one point but though better of it lol

On a seperate note I bet there will be some calls to K-Tec on monday morning...

Good to meet you at last Steve :)

Good to meet you too Day, thanks for showing me the way in! I thought I'd fucked up when I saw the official secrets act notice and entered a miltary base.

Just between you and me (and everyone else on the internet) I thought the guy was a bit of a weener, he spent a lot of time telling everyone how crap and underpowered their cheap french cars were, then bragged on in real Alan Partridge style about his diesel Merc having over 200bhp and being proper fast, like I would give two fucks if his cruiseship had more power than an F-22 and a ran on old chip fat (which theoretically it could).

I won't be phoning K-Tec on Monday as a) I was really impressed with the improved torque I could feel and the throttle response, I know my recorded power and torque would have been lower as standard and b) I didn't pay for it!

But I know what you mean. Not the 12bhp as advertised in the magazines!

Reaction score
an interesting read there guys...... figures do seem to have come out a bit low, especially considering the work some of you have done as well :?

Andy - what was yours putting out?

Reaction score
Charlie's rollers are Dyno Dynamic rollers & these are considered to be one of the best & most accurate reading dynos on the market iirc.

The figures would be alot different it you used some where like Power Engineering or Engine Advantages. I've seen BIG differences between those 2 & Surrey Rolling Roads figures on the same cars,

Reaction score
Personally, I thought he was very unprofessional, all he did was slag off other RRoads.
Especially, if he knew if you'd previously used one of them.

Reaction score
Gareth said:
an interesting read there guys...... figures do seem to have come out a bit low, especially considering the work some of you have done as well :?

Andy - what was yours putting out?

169 (crank) 140(at wheels)

I am not in the least bit bothered about it being 'low' so no calls to KTec from me either! I know it feels very different to previous. It was 7mph faster along my age old test run. It makes me smile like an idiot so money well spent...

Reaction score
He had too much of a realxed attitude. Was good to compare different figures, but as said above, it was a shame he slated other rolling roads.
As above, my 182 was 168.2 est through the fly wheel and was 139bhp through the drive wheels.
I think conclusion of the day saw that people with de-cats fitted had the biggest gain of bhp per £.

Reaction score
Quite surprised at the figures being so low - especially the cars with re-maps etc. But as long as everyone is happy with how they feel and how they drive thats the main thing.

Heres why i'm a bit surprised at the figs - i am 99.9% sure that around the time of the Trophy launch i read that the engines in the Trophys were hand picked (not hand built) and checked so that each car was given a good strong engine i.e no variation in the engines like standard 182s so i would have thought each Trophy would have been pushing out the stated bhp at least.

Hopefully someone can clear this up and maybe even remember the source, or just tell me i am delusional and thought i read it ;)

Reaction score
bc_seventy_six said:
Quite surprised at the figures being so low - especially the cars with re-maps etc. But as long as everyone is happy with how they feel and how they drive thats the main thing.

Heres why i'm a bit surprised at the figs - i am 99.9% sure that around the time of the Trophy launch i read that the engines in the Trophys were hand picked (not hand built) and checked so that each car was given a good strong engine i.e no variation in the engines like standard 182s so i would have thought each Trophy would have been pushing out the stated bhp at least.

Hopefully someone can clear this up and maybe even remember the source, or just tell me i am delusional and thought i read it ;)

I shouldn't worry too much, in my opinion their figures were very conservative, 7MAT has a de-cat, new exhaust, re-map, custom induction, ported manifolds etc. and his figure was 180bhp! At a previous rolling road he achieved substantially higher.

I know for a fact that the Trophy gets to 60 (with new tyres) in six and a half seconds, and that was before my re-map, it wouldn't do that with less than 170bhp.

Oh - on the 'hand-picked' urban legend, all I can say is 'what a crock!'

"Hey Antoine, this F4R unit looks particularly racey, put it in Le Trophie." They were just the last 552 F4R's off the line. Nice idea though.