Reaction score
Well as some of you may know i had planned to go to FCS but due to a last minute change of plans outwith my control and a general lack of accomodation i ended up not making it - which i wasnt too pleased about.

So as the weather was good i decided to cheer myself up at short notice on Sunday morning by hiring a car and heading way way up north (Glenshee, Braemar, Ballater, Kirriemuir, etc) for a days driving.

The car in question was a brand new Caterham Roadsport SV (new 150bhp Ford engine) and coupled with some near perfect weather and some very very good driving roads it all added up to a most enjoyable day.

We were driving for about 7 hours and i reckon at least 6 of those were on very very good and quiet country roads - hills, mountains, forest passes the lot - some great scenary too - which i've got to admit i only really noticed when i was in the passenger seat! The car was very good but i felt a little let down by the engine - Trophy definitely felt quicker - i'll put this down to it being brand new (660 miles on it) and make a final judgement on the car when i return ;) The handling was very good as you would expect and it really sounded good too.

I'd highly recommend it for a day out or weekend away - some great roads, and a very good car - the bloke who runs the company is very helpful too.

If you do think about booking, remember and mention where you heard about it - i said i'd post on here so you never know, mentioning Clio Trophy might bag you a little discount ;)

Cheers

Luke

Attachments

• Caterham2.jpg
    Caterham2.jpg
    893.5 KB · Views: 468
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could have done with one of those to clear my head on sunday morning (sick)
Sound's like good fun.

Reaction score
Ahh I wondered what car you'd taken after your PM left me on a bit of a knife edge

Still a shame you couldn't make FCS but I bet you made up for it when let loose in the Caterham, looks like you've got some great driving roads up there Luke!

Cool Hand Luke said:
- i'll put this down to it being brand new (660 miles on it)

Thats his Trophy not the Caterham :wink:

Reaction score
It says for £160 you get 7 hours of driving, upto 150 miles

50p a mile after that :shock:

Wouldn't mind doing that one weekend but you need to be 25+ :cry:

Reaction score
looks like a great excuse to drive the Trophy to Scotland lol

Looks a lot of fun, always good to compare handling with other proper drivers cars, well worth the monet by the looks :wink:

Reaction score
wow, must have been a brilliant day.

Must admit me and my brother are going to be going down the trackcar route probably early next year ready for next april! A built your own westfield is well and truly on the cards!

Reaction score
A different & great day imo mate :wink: 8)

I bet it was huge fun!!!

Not cheap though huh?