Reaction score
I've decided to just sell the car after all the sh1t I've been through with that Tom. He's made me so Sick of it all that I just don't want the dam car any longer which I've babied for almost six years. It currently has the POS RS2 manifold fitted and would need to be removed as it's not working with my cams. You could instead remove the cams and fit standard ones if you wish and leave the RS" on the car but tbh, I prefer the cams. Paul at RS Tuning also suggested that my car was better with the cams. It produced 184hp and 161lb. Currently it's down to 176hp and 131lb due to the RS2. Ofcourse there is nothing wrong with the RS2 and can be sold on. It is in as new condition.

It's a one owner car, first registered on 24/12/05. Full service history. Three years with RenTech and the rest at my own garage. Milage is 23000 with roughly 85% of it being boring motorway milage. Always stored indoors and sorned every winter. New gearbox, linkages and gearstick fitted by Renault around 8000 miles ago. Front shocks were reconditioned around 12 months ago and are in excellent condition with no rust! The cambelt was changed in 2007 when the cams were changed. Condition is excellent throughout. I even clean the underside of the car and have only been caught out in the rain a handful of times!

Exterior mods:
Carbon splitter

Interior mods:
Caged roll cage
Sabelt steering wheel
Sabelt three point harnesses (black)
Rear bench removed

Chassis:
MF springs (red)
Koni rears
Front camber

Brakes:
Pagid rs42 pads
Brembo Max discs
Braided lines
Upgraded fluid

Engine:
Catcams
Reworked inlet manifold
ITG panel filter
Orbisoud exhaust with sports cat
Custom re-map by RS Tuning

I have all the parts to put the car back to standard except the original exhaust and cams. The parts which were removed are like new. I also have a full cambelt/aux belt kit worth ~£250 which is included with the car. I would also suggest buying an ITG Maxogen to make the car "complete" again as it was before Tom put his hands on it. If someone is after a standard car, this car is ideal as all the mods are in excellent condition and can be sold on.

There is alot more which I cannot think of at the moment and will add to this thread as and when.

Price: £7500 please. Sorry but this price is not negotiable at all. The condition of the car is excellent troughout and as mentioned, it's mainly been driven on the motorway on solo trips. Serviced properly with initial breaking in period/oil change and I've always used Motul oil and ran it on BP Ultimate fuel. Very clean car.!! If it doesn't sell at this price, then I'll remove all the parts myself and sell it as a near standard car.

Thanks!

Reaction score
That sounds very nice, and a perfect purchase. I can vouch for the suspension mods, they change nothing to the original Trophy feel, but improve turn in, and i turned the rear adjusters on the konis 360 degrees today and oh my gosh the rear is so much more planted to the road!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This is a real shame, I really feel for you. I had great service from JMS but I'm kinda relieved I didn't sign on for the RS2 and think the way they have shut up shop is shoddy to say the least.

Reaction score
You'd only get good service from JMS as long as they're in the money. He's been making me wait since mid July. Keeps telling me he'll sort something in a few days but days have turned into months now. Almost makes me think if he's deliberatly leading me on for a laugh or if he's genuinly retarded. Don't know how these people sleep at night.

I don't really ever want to sell the car. It's my little toy/go kart but it's just frustrating knowing that he's lead me on for so long!

I'll most likely remove the RS2 myself for a start. Anyone know if the front needs to come off? Any hints and tips please? Is there a guide on Cliosport for fitment of the RS2 by any chance?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think I'm right in saying BenG fitted his himself so will be well worth while talking to him.

Reaction score
I would imagine it's quite straitforward with just the lower cap head bolts hard to get at you will probably need the ballend Allen keys to make it easier.
What cage and cams does it have ?
Cheers

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale, they seem to be very mileage sensitive and the higher mileage ones have taken a hit in the past year. I bought one at 60k that was in better nick than a 40k one i viewed but mines probably worth less now, i went on condition not mileage. yours sounds great with some really good mods that compliment and improve the car. If i was looking now for one it would come top of the list.

Reaction score
I would imagine that its fairly easy to remove the RS2, you'd just need a standard 182 inlet etc in order to swop back over. All the OE sensors, etc are retained. You'll then be able to sell the kit fairly easily on ClioSport for £1200 or so.

If you didnt have it mapped again with the RS2, it will then go back to running perfectly well.

You'd be made to sell the car imho.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Asim, I am genuinely sorry to see this episode has you selling. I always viewed your trophy as being the best going. All mods were top of the range, this would be an absolute bargain for someone - Keep the car and get your money back from JMS.

Reaction score
Yes it seems to be all okay up to now. [-o< Just need a Maxogen and it's back to how it was. The power/torque is back and i didn't realise just how much I was losing with the RS2! The mid-high range torque seems to have shot right up. The RS2 did give me low end torque but I had no throttle response. I could quickly press and depress the gas before the needle even started to move. But thankfully it's all back to normal now.

Reaction score
Did you get your money back? Mines just had the remap and was producing 172.9 hp before with the rs2 and 180 after. Peak torque about 150 which is about the same as standard although spread over a wider rev range. It,s the power figure which is pissing me off as many standard cars come very close to this figure and i think the remap has done most of the job. wheres the 190 hp which was promised and should be achievable with some good old fashioned tuning, i am sure if you got the engine blueprinted it would make 200 which is commom for a 2.0. Why does it not work with cams after all it increases airflow and works fine with standard cams, are yours too extreme and would more modest ones work. More developement is needed and my car can be hesitant on and off the throttle. this could be a cracking product.

Reaction score
Anyone else not getting the promised figures and had bad service to the point of owing us money. PM message me to discuss where to go next, leave me contact details, i am seriousely considering a refund if i cant get the power increase, my car has been meticulousely maintained, serviced every 6000 miles with only the best oils and parts. I am looking at selling cause its cost me at least 500 quid more than it should have in time and money owed to me, and i have recently been made redundant and cant afford the rent and bills, unfortunately my pride and joy wouldn't even clear the finance, i would be at least a grand short.