G

Yes, as I'm sure you know, I spent last Thursday - Monday in France with just me, my truly wonderful girlfriend, and the Clio. Oh, and lots of French people.
Here is my trip in pictures:

Folkestone
Lil' Clio at the Folkestone side of the Eurotunnel:
DSC03489v2.jpg
Loads of nice cars were about, as well as some dudes in slightly odd clothing...
DSC03486v2.jpg
Some large people in a large car:
DSC03494v2.jpg

Reims
That, I tell you, is a real French lady. Bet you've never seen one of those before, eh! It seems her doggie is onto us...
DSC03509v2.jpg
I'd always wanted to go and see the weird old Reims circuit whilst I could, so I did:
DSC03515v2.jpg
Big building, small car:
DSC03521v2.jpg
DSC03528v2.jpg
I don't know the first thing about photography, but I would describe this picture as no less than 'glorious':
DSC03533v2.jpg
If you're looking at the clouds and thinking they look cool, yes, shortly after this there was a massive thunderstorm.
DSC03538v2.jpg
DSC03539v2.jpg
There were four British Caterhams on their way back from the 'Ring there when I arrived:
DSC03544v2.jpg
Possibly the only car that makes the Clio look needlessly large:
DSC03545v2.jpg

Disneyland Paris
Sulley:
DSC03622v2.jpg
Your faithful tour guide of France: me. Doing some Generation Game-style presentation of some random stuff in a restaurant in the Magic Kingdom:
DSC03664v2.jpg
A big balloon and the Sequoia Lodge hotel:
DSC03695v2.jpg
A genuine French bus driver. Yes, we were lazy and couldn't be arsed to walk from the hotel to the parks, so we took the bus. We ate as we did so.
DSC03724v2.jpg
A small car in what could possibly be described as a "f*****g massive parking space":
DSC03749v2.jpg
Lots of RPM for lots of hours resulted in terrible fuel consumption and that nagging feeling of suspecting your car may catch fire at any moment:
DSC03751v2.jpg
My car next to those of people much wealthier than myself:
DSC03759v2.jpg

The end! It was actually the most fun trip ever and the Clio was great. We took so many pictures it was ridiculous, but above is a general synopsis!

G

Na, I don't have a Buggati Veyron engine conversion. :p Just 100mph and traction control turned off. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good fun, still contemplating the trip down the French west coast/north coast or spain but with just me now would be mega expensive :(

Reaction score
Good little set of pics there David - cheers for posting. Cool to see the old race circuit too. Sounds like you had a good trip.

I think all parking spaces should be made the same size as the one in your pic!

Bet those chaps in the Astons were checking out the Trophy!

Did you not take a pic of your foreign bug collection when you got back? There must have been a fine collection of dead flies on the front of the car ;)

Random thought on 'jumbo' on-roaders just when i see that VW in your pic - Audi Q7 - possibly one of the most pointless and unnecessarily large vehicles ever made?

G

Didn't take any pics of the bugs, but there are loads! I drove the car in the rain yesterday so they may have been washed off, but if not, I'll take a pic. It was like a giant fly.

I parked next to a Mercedes GL-Class in Disney - that thing really was massive. :shock:

Reaction score
Good pics David , cant wait for our next France road trip .

Please tell me the odd clothing lot didnt just get out of the porcshe's :D

Do you always drive with the traction control turned off ?

G

Na, they got out of a Subaru and headed straight for the nearest burger van. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I turn traction control off every time I get in the car. It's like putting my seatbelt on.