Reaction score
i bought my ff clio 182 about 4 weeks ago. it has the spoiler pack but for some reason the front splitter is only on the sides of the front of the car. it looks ok, i was just wondering if anyone had seen this before. and how much a new front splitter that goes all the way around from renault would be.

[attachment=2:3s6ock4k]07032009105.jpg[/attachment:3s6ock4k]

[attachment=1:3s6ock4k]25022009097.jpg[/attachment:3s6ock4k]

[attachment=0:3s6ock4k]DSC01724.JPG[/attachment:3s6ock4k]

Attachments

• 07032009105.jpg
    07032009105.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 25022009097.jpg
    25022009097.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC01724.JPG
    DSC01724.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 99
Reaction score
Don't bother with a standard one - take a look at k-tek's carbon splitter - it's cheaper and it looks better too. Just be prepared that you may have to be patient with postage.. #-o

click me for splitter

Car looks smart - hope you're enjoying it. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That looks fecking dreadfull, i hope you kicked the sellers arse for being too lazy to even cut them symetrical.
Anyway i'm with quik5i1ver, Ktec c/f, cheaper and better looking than the Reno one.

Nice car :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
looks like either theirs has been broken/ripped off and/or they've bought another broken one and created this monstrosity of an idea... a CF one would looks the dogs on a black car.

Reaction score
Ordered a KTec CF one 5 weeks ago. IIRC I paid £110 for it. It arrived today. With the £ plummeting these prices will keep going up, but still think the CF one better than the standard Renault one.

Can't wait to get it fitted as the car almost looks naff without it, but at least it doesn't look as naff as yours. Sorry! :p

Reaction score
reboot said:
Can't wait to get it fitted as the car almost looks naff without it, but at least it doesn't look as naff as yours. Sorry! :p

:lol: ROFL... Nice...

Reaction score
Its a shame that the K-tec one is'nt actually carbon Fibre! After a while they become stone chipped and have lots of white dots all over them! Thats the experience on other peoples Clio's have said!

Reaction score
power ranger said:
Its a shame that the K-tec one is'nt actually carbon Fibre! After a while they become stone chipped and have lots of white dots all over them! Thats the experience on other peoples Clio's have said!

You sure it's not Carbon Fibre?

Carbon fibre is a cloth, it's the epoxy resin that give's it it's hardness, The white spots you talk about are the stone chips in the epoxy.

Chris

Reaction score
^^^ When I looked at mine, I got the impression that it was glass fibre underneath and carbon layered on top because on the underside there was no evidence of any weave; it looked more like the random laid fibres that form glass fibre.. Is this simply what unfinished c/f looks like?! :?

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
^^^ When I looked at mine, I got the impression that it was glass fibre underneath and carbon layered on top because on the underside there was no evidence of any weave; it looked more like the random laid fibres that form glass fibre.. Is this simply what unfinished c/f looks like?! :?

Tbh i've only ever seen a picture of the k-tec one, but from what your saying it looks like they reinforce it with glass fibre, it's still a carbon fibre splitter but not 100%, or it could just be that the 2nd and subsequent layers of carbon mat are not laid up with the same presicion as the 1st layer (the one that is visable)

Either way it is a carbon splitter and not the cheap platic effect you see around, but it's far from the standard of carbon used in the manufactuer of chassis etc.

For the one's that have the white spots, a quick polish up with g3 will smooth the holes out, then a good polish and it should come up like new, so long as the stone chips aren't too deep.

Chris

Reaction score
Cheers for the pointers. TBH I wasn't bothered by the fact that it could possibly be part glass fibre.. The fact that it was better value than the OE item and looks more attractive was good enough for me!

Reaction score
I need to organise a front splitter for mine, how good a fit is the k-tec one? i'm reluctant to order one if the fit is poor, i'd rather pay the extra and get a genuine renault one (assuming they fit ok :D )

Chris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As far as I was aware they are c/f over fiberglass and yes they do chip up but with a little TLC should tidy up.
Chris they fit quite well if you take your time, its possible to make a hash of the oe version as they proved on mine.

Reaction score
As per hoolio's comments- take your time and line it up carefully before drilling. I'm pretty happy with mine, although it doesn't quite meet the wheel arch on either side - there's probably a 10mm gap but it is possibly mounted slightly further forward than the OE item.