Reaction score
Ok so scanning the news of the world for general celebs with there norks out and came across an article written by some cunt callled JAMES FAXALL you just read the article and you will discover that well jamie faxall really knows F*U*C*ksall

Attachments

• DSC00123.JPG
    DSC00123.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,709
  • DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,709
Reaction score
SIGNIFICNTLY BETTER!!!! he obviously doesnt know its heavier and slower.......the interior is crap....................what chrome?????

DOES NOT LOOK SPORTIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B*LD F*GG*T B*ST*RD!!!!!!!!

Day

Reaction score
I personaly think it has the potential to be a better more refined car than the 182.

Revisit this thread in 6 months time and you might think differently.

Sounds like sour grapes to me ;)

Reaction score
Ah the world famous NOTW motoring section - revered by motoring enthusiasts the world over...

Don't know how I'll be able to resist the 197 if its sportier, racier AND has slinky chrome trim!

Reaction score
I love these overpaid underskilled tabloid/comic journo's who review cars without even seeing one in the metal let alone test driving them.

I read a review of some hot hatches in a motoring supplement yesterday, as an alternative, it listed the 206 GTI 180, gave it 4/5 and said soon to be replaced by the 207 GTI so get one while stocks last. Sure - If you want to pay Trophy money for a complete bag of shite.

Slinky chrome trim? Says it all really...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds like he's jut read the marketing crap and written a review from that. Honestly I wouldn't have a 197 given. May as well go for a Focus ST if your paying the money for a 197. Similar size and the ST will out drag it.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Day said:
I personaly think it has the potential to be a better more refined car than the 182.
Ironically after all the moaning there's been about build quality over the years, thats precisely the reason why I wouldn't want one. I dont want refinement in a hot hatch, thats for family saloons or executive cars.

Reaction score
My 330ci did refinement to the nth degree and was the same price (second hand).

What irks me with the press article are the colloquial terms - what on earth is meant by a car that is 'sportier'? :roll:

There are also many cars more powerful than a 182 but it does not been that they are quicker... not by a long shot!

O.
[/b]

Reaction score
oliie said:
There are also many cars more powerful than a 182 but it does not been that they are quicker... not by a long shot!
[/b]

(sound of nail being hit on it's head...)

Reaction score
Despite having nearly 200bhp, the Clio doesn't feel that fast. There are two main problems: a lack of pulling power (torque is 159lb-ft at 5,550rpm) and very short gearing. Although the bare performance figures are fairly promising - 0-60mph in under seven seconds and a top speed of 134mph - the Clio 197 simply doesn't feel very lively and lacks the urge of its forebears such as the 182 which would buzz their way round to the red line with no difficulty at all. Once up to motorway speeds things don’t get much better either – the short gearing means the 197 is revving very highly at around 70mph and the accompanying drone gets tiring after an hour behind the wheel. More impressive are the brakes and gearchange, which are direct and inspire confidence – exactly as a hot Clio should be.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carre ... 515&page=2

Reaction score
Nik said:
Day said:
Ironically after all the moaning there's been about build quality over the years, thats precisely the reason why I wouldn't want one. I dont want refinement in a hot hatch, thats for family saloons or executive cars.

another nail being jack hammered home!!!

cheers for the support lads!!

Day

Reaction score
Um, not being funny but you cant have another star unless you upgrade ;)

Reaction score
To a what?? a slimer younger bigger breasted gf?? dont think its possible
:lol:

Reaction score
Day said:

Revisit this thread in 6 months time and you might think differently.

Sounds like sour grapes to me ;)

I've heard a lot of people mention this refined word. And also civilised.

They are 2 things that you do not want a hot hatch to be.

Just think what it would be like if the new TVR was more refined and civilised.

Reaction score
Day said:

Day, does that mean you would have five stars if you had a Trophy? :wink:

Reaction score
Smooth stev.......v smooth!!! i like the cut of your jib :wink:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
stevegunnis said:
Day said:

Day, does that mean you would have five stars if you had a Trophy? :wink:

Good question! In fact yes, if Day buys a Trophy he will indeed have 5 stars! :D

Reaction score
hyb has 3 stars and hees a mini boy!!! no offence hyb.....have you seen the renford mini.............bloody hell!!!