MOT Failure due to Recaro problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a problem with a 2005 182 cup with Recaro's fitted (from the factory)

"Nearside front passengers seat cannot be secured in the upright position"

Basically, the back of the seat can be pushed forward without pressing any of the levers, it won't lock in place, this also causes the seat to slide. It is difficult to get it to lock in place on the runners once you tilt it aswell.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the recaro is broken or the runner is broken. The sub frame is exactly the same as in the trophy... as the trophy is a 182 cup from birth.....

Reaction score
thread revival - I am about to swap 182 cup seats and recaros. Does the above mean I can leave the runners in place in both cars and swap the recaros with side mounts with whatever the setup is in a cup?

Reaction score
runner are runners in all of them. AFAIK

the only issue is where did your recaros frames come from? after market recaro clio frames come with a new runner bar handle. i believe this is due to them being slightly lower than the recaro sub frames (factory fitted in trophy's and cups).

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Pop the seat out and check for snapped cables.

My seat would not stay in place when put back into seating position and it would slide back and forth and it was due to a snapped cable which can only be bought from Renault at around £115

Seat takes 10mins to get out as its just 4 nuts