Reaction score
Had left No369 in for the 12K service at local Renault dealer and on pick up was told that a minor mishap had occurred. If you call a 4 inch score on your wing a minor mishap.
The mechanic had been holding a screwdriver between his legs and accidently managed to put a deep score on the drivers wing. Unbelieveable!

My car has had Paintshield fitted from new, excellent job, as after 4 track days and 12K not a chip anywhere.

I am not happy about a single wing being sprayed as I doubt they will ever get it right and I do not want a muti coloured car under an orange light.
Paintshield have now no agent in Ireland and they have to fly a technician to N Ireland to fit the kit for the drivers wing. Guy at Paintshiled says the dealer will probably need to spray both wings and bonnet etc plus full paintshield kit to be fitted.
Paintshield cost alone with flights etc £1400 min plus paint work
What would you guys settle for and has anyone had paintwork done to the Trophy before and how have they found the match under the infamous orange lights.

Reaction score
all i can say is wow?? :shock: how can u have monkeys like that working in a workshop? :evil:
is reno not going to pay for all the paint guard etc??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Insurance jobby by the sounds of it - you'll need to claim against the dealers insurance.

If its just the paint that's scratched then a decent resprayer will probably get it looking better than new as Reno put the min amount of paint on it to start with. if the actual wing is damaged I'd be asking for a new wing also!

Reaction score
Deffo the new wing, and get the cheque for the paintguard man in advance. Bloody monkeys, actually that's a little unfair. To monkeys, you'd get a better service drivng it through Longleat.

Reaction score
This is why i will never take it to renault. Its too much of a risk i dont wanna take

Reaction score
You are right drexel, Renault dealers are pathetic and do not have a clue about the Trophy.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Where in NI you from Stephen? I work over there and have the Trophy over every now and again. Bringing her back over on the 5th Jan.

Reaction score
Hi Rojer, I am in Portadown. Are you by any chance based in Aldergrove as I once went up there once to see a blue 172 that was on ebay, and one of the guys was hoping to get a Trophy.
Glad I went the extra and bought the Trophy.

As far as I know there are 2 in N Ireland so glad you can make it 3. Some good roads over here for a Trophy workout.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
stephenhunter said:
Hi Rojer, I am in Portadown. Are you by any chance based in Aldergrove as I once went up there once to see a blue 172 that was on ebay, and one of the guys was hoping to get a Trophy.
Glad I went the extra and bought the Trophy.

As far as I know there are 2 in N Ireland so glad you can make it 3. Some good roads over here for a Trophy workout.

Yes I am. Don't know who that could have been that was selling the 172 but only my Trophy at Aldergrove.