Reaction score
Hey all

I own a clio 182 and i have done the below mods. As i am sure you all know we get used to the speed, power and well we end up wanting more :D . Is there any advice you can give me ? Please note that i am in south africa so really looking for suggestions like cams ect and i will find someone here to help me out.

free flow with decat
Pan fliter
Mod to the air box.
RStunning remap
126wkw (169bhp) 204nm

thanks all

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
without throwing money at it there's not much you can do to the F4R engine to get more power, handling and weight reductions will get you cheaper and better performance gains...

Reaction score
great thanks again :D spending money on my car is the best lol was thinking about performance cams

Reaction score
you got me interested but i am not to sure what that is. Please explain :?

Reaction score
wow thats really interesting. Where you get the V6 Airbox from ?

Reaction score
hey Robbie

as already stated the performance gains are fairly minimal withough throwing ££££'s at it.
however there are a few little bits that you can do just to open her up abit
a re-map
V6 airbox available from Renault
performance air filter
matching inlets seem to help
decats an performance exhaust and thats really about it sweetheart

unless like i said you wanna spend £4,000ish on turbos and ITB's most of which cause MASSIVE problems down the line

other than that its replacing all the shit french bits for better bits.
improving handling
and stripping her down.

appart from that No fast and furious body kits and youll be all set.

Reaction score
I'm not really going to bother modifying my T for gains. I have an exhaust and decat mainly for the noise. If I do any further mods to the engine it will be very minimal.

Reaction score
I would like a nice exhaust system, and I'm thinking of inlet matching and a re-map but other than that I don't really want to mod the engine any further. I would love a set of ITB'S or even Turbo/Supercharger but don't want to change the T like that as it's my main car and can't really afford to be without it, and I think that mods like that could potentially de-value it and like trophy264 said, after a while who knows what damage a turbo or supercharger will make!

I'm quite lucky to have been able to blow my money on my second car which is a 1970 Mini 1293cc, MSA log booked rally car. I've done almost every mod you can to that car with a full nut and bolt build and spent well over £10,000 on it. OK it's not as quick as the Trophy but it's great fun and surprises any car up to around 150bhp as it's full steel engine is putting out around 120-130bhp, not bad for a 1293cc weighing only 750kg!

So really although I'd love to mod the hell out of the T I don't really need to as I can enjoy the Mini for that!