Reaction score
PaulTrophy002 said:
The ENZO+Koenigsegg 100% dont have an AIRBAG, ive Got a Spec sheets for the cars and they both Dont have them. Their steering wheels are far to small on these cars.

This must be the Enzo that doesn't have an airbag....

ferrarienzo_inter2.jpg

This is a Koenigsegg that doesn't have an airbag either (note: SRS at the bottom of the wheel)... granted it is a CCX as I can't find a photo of the CCR steering wheel...

ccx_interior.jpg

There is a simple reason for my logic in asking this question (I always think about my questions carefully...). In the USA it is MANDATORY that cars are equipped with an airbag (from 1996 if I remember correctly).

Every Supercar player wants a piece of the American market (read: volume). For this to happen they need to be road legal. To be road legal they need to fit the car with an airbag. Any volume producer of a serious supercar will have an airbag.

Hence my loaded question...

Cheers

O.

Reaction score
I still want to see pics of you're new steering wheel.

To be honest the size & look of the steering wheel on the Trophy is probably the bit I like least about the car.

The steering wheel on the 197 looks nice, but apparently it's not a straight fit? But I would still like to try it just to be sure.

Have been thinking about getting a nice sparco wheel in alcantara.

Reaction score
In the spirit of keeping on track and adding value...

How about this Momo one? It has red thread which could be a nice bonus? It still looks quite big though...

millenium%20sport%20red.jpg

I remember from a while back that Sparco did some nice ones too...

Reaction score
PaulTrophy002 said:
The ENZO+Koenigsegg 100% dont have an AIRBAG, ive Got a Spec sheets for the cars and they both Dont have them. Their steering wheels are far to small on these cars.

Im totally not bothered whether these car have them or not but to get questioned by a weardo as to ask name 2 supercars that dont have them is a bit strange. Whats this got to do with me asking about what size resistors i need people should keep to the TOPIC TITLE rather than diverting from it , its terribly anoying. This thread has got totally out of control.

And if everyone is so against fitting the bloody aftermarket steering wheel why do you all want to see pictures of mine changed.

Like people have said why change the cars steering wheel for looks when you are ruineing the safety of it.

THIS THREAD IS FINISHED. :evil:

Paul, I think you need to take a chill pill before you have a coronary...

The reason we are all interested in what the wheel looks like is that we are enthusiasts about the Trophy, and personally speaking I have never seen one with the steering wheel swapped. If you post photos it will allow me to make that judgement, although it's not a mod I have considered at all.

As for determining the resisitance required, why not try getting hold of a multimeter and find out which are the appropriate wires on the steering wheel to measure the resisitance of - then base your choice of resistor on that? As no-one has done this mod, it's unlikely anyone knows the correct values off hand!

:)

Reaction score
7MAT said:
^^^^^^^^^^
Nice

How about these;

015tr2a5tuv-racer2.jpg

Mmmm... alcantra... nice!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a dedicated track toy that Sparco would be in it (it would have to be a red car too!!!) ;)

O.

Reaction score
Not sure if its a supercar but the nsx type r doesn't have a airbag, nor does it have power steering.

Reaction score
OLIIE ,
You abviously live on here, and all i can say is you must be pretty sad to go so far out your way to Find pics of the interiors of the cars stated if they are the cars i mentioned. And to correct my spelling, i hope i meet you 1 day. Thanks and happy new year.

Also if i put a multimeter on to my Airbag connections that go to the Airbag computer to gain the ohm values.
Renault have said i risk the Air bag going off in my face which i dont really want happening. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Perhaps the bottom line here is that for future models Renault might pick up on this and realise how we all might appreciate a steering wheel commensurate with the car! Especially as a lower cost factory upgrade option on ordering.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
feck me, I go away for a week or so and WW3 kicks off. Paul, chill man.... the forum is based on facts, yet opinions are welcomed.

my 2 pence is that, as I use the CC all the time unless I cold get a solution for the CC that didn't look like a home DIY job I would consider switching the wheel at some point.

Having had an airbag go off in my face before I'd prefer to disengage it anyway. I wear glasses and the fecker broke them and my nose :( nice one

i sit quite far back in the seat as well as i'm 6'3'' so risk of hitting the wheel while strpped in is minimal.