Reaction score
Trying to decide what exhaust to go for.....

A friend of mine has a trade account with Miltek and has offered to order me one from them at trade price, i guess i stand to save between £50 - £100 but not to sure if this is the one to go for?

If anyone has any experience with these systems, would appreciate your feedback.

Read up on them, they seam to be up there with the others, im just not to sure about the large tail pipes.....!

Reaction score
I've got a Miltek fitted to 196 mate.

Good bit of kit - well made, not too loud and the bigger tail pipes look, in my opinion, better than standard. Now everytime I see a 182 with the standard pea shooter pipes I think it just doesn't look right.

Cheers

Reaction score
got a milltek on my trophy, i really like it. Looks very good one fitted, the pips are nicely rolled inwards and slightly slash cut which in my opinion looks very nice one they are fitted. It gives a nice performance note, not too loud but not too quiet either. Just right. At lower speeds gives a nice burble, but once you open up the throttle and give it some the milltek system really does give that powerful performance note.

have a look on the milltek website, and search 182 system there is a link to watch some videos and you can hear what it sounds like on a 182 via you tube.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
jonny g said:
got a milltek on my trophy, i really like it. Looks very good one fitted, the pips are nicely rolled inwards and slightly slash cut which in my opinion looks very nice one they are fitted. It gives a nice performance note, not too loud but not too quiet either. Just right. At lower speeds gives a nice burble, but once you open up the throttle and give it some the milltek system really does give that powerful performance note.

have a look on the milltek website, and search 182 system there is a link to watch some videos and you can hear what it sounds like on a 182 via you tube.

Good luck!

Just to say that the Milltek on Jonny's does sound good 8) If you can get the sort of saving you state then it's probably a worthwhile purchase.

Reaction score
I'd echo all the comments here. I bought a Milltek system shortly after I got the Trophy and feel it's really added to the character of the car. Furthermore, Milltek are one of the few, if not the only, manufacturers to publish peformance figures; I've definitely noticed a palpable increase in power.

Regarding the size of the pipes, I think they look much better than the standard ones, which seem a little lightweight in appearance now.

Reaction score
when i bought my exhaust i had it cat back then i bought a decat pipe which will fail an mot but i still have the cat which i intend on swapping before each mot it goes through then changing back, depends if thats what you want to do but the cat does hold it back quite a lot, i still remember the day i got mine decatted.. and if your buying a new exhaust you may aswell rather than having a nice new exhaust and the cat holding it back you wouldnt get what you paid for if you know what i mean.. you want the performance aswell as a nice sounding exhaust.

Reaction score
The Miltek definately looks good, my friend has a cat-back one and it sounds good but isn't too loud. I would love to hear it with a decat.

Here is a vid of cat back Miltek (and me in the Megabusa :wink: )

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video ... 8086985186

Hopefully you can see that, it does sound pretty good - sadly you can just hear the westie over it pretty much the whole time :lol: