Reaction score
Brilliant work ! Look forward to hearing how it goes on a RR.

Reaction score
Better update my list, going well so far

plans for 2015

Belts - Done
197 cams - Done
Remap - Done
Geo Set up
Replacement off side front wheel arch
fit upper splash guard behind front grills
fit new rubber washer thing on air box, as mine fell in the engine bay somewhere
would still like to get it mopped
Get spare set of calipers sent to Bigred - Being sent to someone on CS instead
HT leads - Done

has also had Major service, and a new rear exhaust mount and new sump gasket

Also going to be looking at getting the gearbox oil done. Any recommendations what to use?

Calipers have gone to a CS member, kindly doing it much cheaper than Bigred :D have ordered new slider kit ect as well to freshen it all up

Reaction score
Also going to be looking at getting the gearbox oil done. Any recommendations what to use?

I just used standard OE Renault stuff (Elf). There is probably better out there but it certainly felt better after the change. I would use it again.

Reaction score
After having a read on CS i ordered, Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLUID SAE 75W-80 synthetic, will get it done when the calipers come back

Reaction score
Renault want the cost of the earth for new slider kits and shims, any where else to get them from? found the slider kits on ebay, but there are two different length pins, does someone know which i need please? possible to get shim kits too?

atl

Reaction score
BBR are huge when it comes to MX5 tuning, you'll be in safe hands!

Just down the road from me too!

Reaction score
needed to top up my cleaning products, so got a few bits, normally go for Megs gold class shampoo, but felt like a change, and thought i would see what these clay pads are like, meant to be really good

2015-03-23%2009.49.37_zpsx00uaxfx.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Kinda about right for a 182, might have expected a little more with the 197 cams but I hear they are quite difficult to map but the proof of gains is always in a pre reading.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Mikey, did you get an AFR plot or log the results on the RR by any chance, be interested to see.

Reaction score
Important indicator of how it was mapped. Alongside a log of ignition advance and a fine knock learning log, which are selectable in Rs tuner.