michelin PS3

Reaction score
Apologies upfront if this is old hat and common knowledge, but after a recent double puncture driving over what looked like a bloody garden rake, which came off a van!! I have been looking to replace my punctured PE2/PS3 with new PS3, my local but big name supplier, had to ring Michelin and was told they are no longer making them, but will be replaced with a PS4.

How true, I don't know but thought I would pass it on as many like the PS3 but given there are some many quality alternatives, im sure some wont be too worried.

Reaction score
just been looking at them, they are quite expensive!!, i think that garage is just trying to get you to spend more, go else where

but they are right that they are not being made any more

and apart from on Michelin's website i can not find very many positive reviews of the ps4

Reaction score
thanks Mikeyjp. I can get hold of some, and I think fair prices at around 90-95 fitted. yes balckcircles have some, I checked those out. only problem with them is, car is in the garage on two flats. so I will remove wheels and take into garage.

Reaction score
PS3 are still produced in 15" and 16", there is actually no plan for PS4 to be available in these dimensions. PS4 replaces PS3 on 17" and up only, you should be able to find PS3, no problem as there is no plan to discontinue them for smaller dimensions.

Reaction score
Philfree, you sound like someone with inside knowledge of Michelin. Can we have 205/45 R16 Pilot Exalto II's back please?

Frustratingly Michelin still manufacture them in 205/55 16R and 205/45 17R.

Do you know if Michelin will continue to supply the Pilot Super Sport and Pilot Sport Cup 2 in 215/45 R17 for a good length of time as well?

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack Pilot Exalto 2's have not been made for years so people have gone PS3's as the next best alternative.

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack Pilot Exalto 2's have not been made for years so people have gone PS3's as the next best alternative.

Thanks for pointing that out Karl. The PS3 have a flabby side wall, to the extent that certain individuals were prepared to purchase the tyres produced for heavy loads rather than the standard tyre. None-the-less the PS3 seem to be the preferred option.

My enquiry to Philfree was "can we have the PEII back?" as he seems he may have inside knowledge of Michelin; perhaps he hasn't.

Michelin still manufacture the PEII in the correct dimension, but not the correct radius. Also in the correct radius, but not the correct dimensions. Quite why they discontinued the tyre in the dimensions Trophy, and every other 182 driver requires, I don't know.

Reaction score
Not working for Michelin but yep some very little knowledge of developments as Michelin has always been very discreet not to say secret about strategy and future products. For sure there is no plan to ever remanufacture PE2, PS3 has replaced it which is a shame really as PE2 was vastly superior. Just have to hope for PS4 to eventually replace 16" PS3 in the future.

Reaction score
FYI I have been told by a man in the trade that 'blackcircles' is now owned by michelin along with ATS.so expect prices to rise in the near future.

Reaction score
Hi,

Are most people on here still going for Michelin PE3 205/45 83 W XL...? If not what?

Regards,
jsthomson

Reaction score
I am looking for a replacement as well. I cannot recommend bridgestone RE002`s.
I am thinking about Goodyear eagle assym 2 (NO-marked), Michelin PS3; Hankook v12 evo2,
Pirelli pzero nero gt.
Any ideas hints?