Michelin PS3. Best place to buy?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just my experiences travelling home during a rain storm on roads that have been dry for weeks with PE2's that are close to the wear markers. First and second, forget them I was spinning everywhere but forward and I don't just mean from a standing start. Third and forth are a little better though corners are beginning to require close control. Fifth, mmmmmm. All massive fun that required a lot of driver imput but not when there are other 1 tonne boxes of metal around.
I also saw a Vauxhall drive up a bank (I was passing in the opposite direction at the time) and then slide into the rear of some traffic so yeah a degree of wet grip would be nice.

Reaction score
I've had rsr's and Ad08's most recently and I do think they are a big compromise in the winter compared to a set of michelins. It sounds like you know where you stand on this Hoolio.
My reasoning was I had winter tyres so I could afford to prioritise dry grip. Now there are a few more opinions on the PS3's I would probably give them a go. Possibly the Stiffer ones but im not sure! Do you still need the W rated ones if you have extra negative camber anyone?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I will be able to tell you soon. May start looking for some 15" rims for stickier rubber.

Reaction score
If you don't track the car then go for the ps3's.They are a very good tyre and your pe2's must be ancient, the rubber will have hardened and cracked. New tyres and you wont be wheel spinning in the wet.
Any of the top tyres will be better than worn pe2's. Any tyre close to the wear bars will have less grip than new rsr's in the wet and you could always go with whatever tyre won the evo tyre test, they usually use a front wheel drive car and will rate steering feel as well as wet and dry road grip.
They're are better tyres now than the pe'2, tyre technology has moved on a lot in 10 years.