Michelin PS3. Best place to buy?

Reaction score
Tyre leader is cheap, i've got a trade account and got some ps3's for mine and i think they were 55-60 each plus vat. Just checked they are about £75 including vat. I claimed the vat back which made them really cheap. They have 3 different specs of ps3's. I maybe able to order them for you if you can't get them any cheaper elsewhere only they may not deliver to you because to get the trade discount its supposed to go to a garage or tyre fitter on their database.
Black circles or camskill sometimes have good offers.

Reaction score
I got v rated and they were fine felt good on road and track. The w is for heavier cars its not necessarily to do with stiffness and i think the trophy is supposed to be on v rated which would make sense as a stiffer tyre is not necessarily going to be better especially on the road and it will be heaver as well i would think.
I may sell the ones i've got as i've put federal rsr's and only used them for one track day.

Reaction score
The whole V and W rating debate is a curious one. The lengths we'll go to in order to recover that Exalto feeling. Such a pity Michelin ceased to produce the Exalto in the correct size for the Trophy. They still manufacture it in many other sizes and it's not as if the Trophy had a unique tyre size vs. other Clio's.

As much as the PS3 is a more modern tyre and presumably better material, it's rated by Michelin as being for sport orientated cars providing 'better roadholding and shorter stopping distances'. Whereas the Exalto was rated as being for sports cars and offered 'truly excellent grip and precision steering'. I think we'd all agree on that one.

Reaction score
I think you can get hung up on michelin as the brand to have, have a look at evo's last tyre test when i think goodyear won it with the new eagle, i fitted some to a boxster i had last year and they were excellent.

Reaction score
I agree. I only seek Michelin to keep the car OEM. It's more garage queen than track slag. Other toys in the cupboard to get the speed kicks from. In my experience Michelin do stick like *hit to a blanket though, but wear fairly quickly.

Sticking some Yokohama A539's on my 106 Rallye back in 1996 transformed it compared to the OEM Pirelli P4000's. It was probably less adjustable on the throttle, but boy could you build up the cornering forces. *iss poor in the wet though. Thankfully Yokohama still make them in the correct size for it. Although the Continental Premium Contact 2 is a better rated tyre in the wet, for dB and fuel efficiency.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm slightly conflicted now. Considered others but I'm pretty unlikely to need really sticky rubber just want similar feel to PE2. Going to have to make a decision soon though the performance of my old PE2 has dropped off a cliff, really bad.

Reaction score
All 195/45/16 Michelin ps3 are v rated and extra load
The 205/45/16 Michelin ps3 v rated are not extra load.
All the other 205/45/16 ps3 tyres are extra load.
Extra load makes the sidewall stiffer and feels most like the original pe2.
I made the mistake off replacing pe2s with 205/45/16 v ps3 in was like a jelly in comparison.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
All 195/45/16 Michelin ps3 are v rated and extra load
The 205/45/16 Michelin ps3 v rated are not extra load.
All the other 205/45/16 ps3 tyres are extra load.
Extra load makes the sidewall stiffer and feels most like the original pe2.
I made the mistake off replacing pe2s with 205/45/16 v ps3 in was like a jelly in comparison.

So i'm on the right track then?

Reaction score
Michelin recommends the v rated tyre for the trophy. Unless you can compare back to back not sure which way to go and when i put my v rated ones on they didn't feel like jelly and were much better than my knackered pe2's

Reaction score
Also worth having a look @ mytyres.co.uk. Excellent and fast service when I ordered my 595 rs-r's from them.

Reaction score
How do you find the rsr's? Have just fitted some as i hardly do any road miles and am going to the evo track evening at bedford tomorrow.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So what's best for fast road V or W ??

The comments in the tyres thread seem to suggest the W gives the most PE2 feel but at the end of the day it's all a little subjective, one mans Picasso is anothers meaningless mess. £400 is an expensive mistake to stomach though.

Reaction score
Are you not tempted to give RSRs or NS-2Rs or AD08Rs or even something as extreme as R888s a try?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The comments in the tyres thread seem to suggest the W gives the most PE2 feel but at the end of the day it's all a little subjective, one mans Picasso is anothers meaningless mess. £400 is an expensive mistake to stomach though.

Yeah I agree. I was just looking back at my posts as I spent a couple of hours in February reading through the tyre threads on the forum for a consensus. Most people said the W rated

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay pagani I have only use the RSR's on the road (everyday) the grip and feel in the dry is amazing and far better in the wet than the pirellis that where on the car. Just have to take it steady in standing water.

Reaction score
That's ok mate, just been at Bedford fro an Evo track evening and they were awesome! Once warmed they gave good consistent grip with excellent feel enabling me to stay on track for many laps with no drop in performance and through the corners was able to keep up with some of the big boys and muller an R26.R.
On the road they were excellent with good grip when cold and lots of feel in the steering, it was a little wet on the way back, no standing water though and had no problems.
Highly recommended for the money and better than the michelins if you don't go out in the rain much. I think you have to ask yourself if enjoyment or wet road grip is a priority.