Michelin Pilot 3's Becoming hard to get

Reaction score
This probably been discussed else where but i cant find any threads .

ATS were listing the PS3's 4x for £372 fitted with free wheel alignment , i thought this was very good deal and most places list the Ps3's for roughly £100 a tyre , so i payed and booked into to have them fitted , a day later i recieved a call that they can no longer get the PS3's , Michelin are out of stock and dont know when they will be available .

I have decided to try a different brand as they are over £100 cheaper the Bridgestone RE002 's and wondered if anyone else has tried them ? they seem to have good reviews ?

The Ps3's are awesome tyres and the only reason i need to get new 1's is the rears are showing signs of cracking on the side walls and i have a nail in 1 of the fronts :mad:

Reaction score
I bought four Bridgestones last year (again on the back of good feedback) and that they have been developed as an aftermarket performance tyre and they were at that time cheaper than the Michelins. More than happy with them.
I only use the car in the summer and mainly dry weather so I can't say how they would fair in the cold and wet.

To balance my comments out I had a mix of Kenda and Dunlops (2 types before) so four blobs of plastercine would have been a step forward, so I can't compare them to anything else.

Reaction score
Over the 1st 3 pages on here there are 3 tyre threads...

But yeah they are like gold dust atm, I use hankook EVO V12, really like them, they have the XL which I find to be much better

Reaction score
Black circles are showing stock on ebay £94.39 each delivered, or Wheelbase in Manchester again on ebay set of 4 delivered £445.00.

Reaction score
Thats because they've stopped manufacturing the PS3 as it is being replaced with the PS4...which is only available in 17" and up to begin with.

Black circles will be one of the few places to have any stock as they're owned by Michelin so there is some stock left floating around, but speak to any tyre supplier or directly to michelin and they will tell you that the PS3 is discontinued.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Pilot-Sport-4-Press-Release.htm

Reaction score
Have a look at Goodyear Asymetric 2's. I much prefer them to PS3's, they get better reviews and they're cheaper than the Michelins.

Reaction score
Hope the PS4's do become available. Tyre has won the latest Autoexpress tyre test.

a6f278aff72b0fcf7494cf2cf72dcea3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Have the PS4's on my 130i, they're fantastic, best I've used. Wet grip, especially their ability to cope with standing water is incredible. Only thing that has got worse since fitting them is fuel economy compared to previous Conti SC3's.