Reaction score
Metallic Whine or Vibration on The Trophy At about 3000rpm on decelleration and acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. Maybe the heat shield touching the exhaust? Sounds like its coming from Underneath the car. Has anyone else experienced this? And ifso how much to rectify?

Cheers
Chris

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds most likely to be the heatshield - i've had mine fixed 3 times now and it still does it every 6 months... they're made out of tin foil i think :roll:

Reaction score
I experienced this for quite a considerable time. I couldn't see any point at which the heat shield was touching so I wondered if perhaps it was the baffles in the exhaust rattling? Anyway, when my orb went on, the metalic Boise vanished (along with me hearing! :lol: ) appreciate this doesn't give you an answer, but at least you know you're not alone?! Did try shaking the back box and cat once off the car, but neither seemed to have anything loose inside them..

Reaction score
I have this problem too, think its the heat shield.

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
I experienced this for quite a considerable time. I couldn't see any point at which the heat shield was touching so I wondered if perhaps it was the baffles in the exhaust rattling?

Someone on the renaultsport forum mentioned the Baffles too....will have to get it checked out, hoping its the heat shield though as the baffle job costs about £150 :roll:

Reaction score
^^ At that stage, I'd say it was worth considering a new cat back or full system... The reno ones are heavy and only mild steel rather than stainless anyway..

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
^^ At that stage, I'd say it was worth considering a new cat back or full system... The reno ones are heavy and only mild steel rather than stainless anyway..

Thats what i'm starting to think...What would people recommend exhaust wise, would love an Orbi but far to expensive for me!! :cry:

Reaction score
It depends on what you want, if your looking for something not loud but noticable i can recommend the Scorpion (cat-back)It was £350 from eBay and I think it looks great as well.

Reaction score
Am definately thinking of the RS192 Now! Seen it for cheaper than £350 on the RS192 Site....Does anywhere else sell it cheaper?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Chris, I had the 'whine' too and it was the heatshield vibrating against the underside. Lyn's father actually fixed it up for me but it's so thin and flimsy it keeps 'ripping' away.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
dayc said:
Am definately thinking of the RS192 Now! Seen it for cheaper than £350 on the RS192 Site....Does anywhere else sell it cheaper?

There was a group buy on cliosport which has just finished. But would of thought you may be able to get one cheap if you phoned them

Reaction score
It can also be the engine mounts coming loose. Easy to do If you know how. Crowbar + spanner = job done lol.
The loose engine mount causes the manifold to rub on the heat shield.

Reaction score
Guys im selling my nearly new RS192 cat-back system as of today as im putting my trophy back to standard. The exhaust has barely covered 1000 miles and is 3-4 months old so pretty much mint, except for a small dent on one of the back boxes which cant be seen and doesnt effect performance. Open to sensible offers... :)

Reaction score
tractor said:
Guys im selling my nearly new RS192 cat-back system as of today as im putting my trophy back to standard. The exhaust has barely covered 1000 miles and is 3-4 months old so pretty much mint, except for a small dent on one of the back boxes which cant be seen and doesnt effect performance. Open to sensible offers... :)

Tractor you have a PM. :D