Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone owns or has owned a Megane R26? I've been toying with the idea of buying a Megane since having a test drive in a Megane R26R. I absolutely loved the R26R, just the noise alone is amazing! but it's a little unpractical for everyday driving, which is what I would use it for, thats why I'm thinking a Megane R26 would be a good option. Can anyone give me some feedback on the car? I've read reviews online but i'd sooner here it from people with first hand ownership experience.

Reaction score
I've got a R26, never owned a trophy but come from a Ph2 172 to the megane. Got to say it is a very good car, the low down torque compared to the 1*2's is great, but have to say if you use the torque alot dont expect the mpg to be anywhere near a trophy.

Ive had quite a few nice cars and the R26 is by far the best ive owned in terms of living with it everyday, its fast and handles great but is comfortable and easy to do a long motorway drive with. The only thing that bugs me about the car is the rattles from the dash. Reno built a great car then didnt screw the dash down, for ever one to fix you get two more so its just something you have to live with, if not for this the car would be perfect.

Reaction score
I have a White R26 Lux.

Came from ( & still have) a Trophy.

Great cars alot easier to drive. Lighter Steering & Clutch. Better Ride quality. However easier may mean less engaging.

Low down torque is really noticable difference. Noise is nice too at low end of rev range a real rumble.

Rattles on the dash do drive you potty. I think they are worse in the winter though & stonechips around the lower door frame. The steering wheel tugs a bit in low gears with Torque steer.

As said before I have had alot of tasty cars and the R26 is the most complete of them all.

Reaction score
I'm very tempted to switch to a R26. Not much feedback on this.

Reaction score
Not a Diesel said:
Great cars alot easier to drive. Lighter Steering & Clutch. Better Ride quality. However easier may mean less engaging.

I came from a 225 for this very reason. Nice car for the family though.

Though I would go back to a megane, but only the R26R as soon as funds allow :wink: