1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe buying my 1st Trophy No. 260

Discussion in 'Clio Trophy Discussion' started by Indianbelters, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Steve@R-Sport cars

Steve@R-Sport cars

No front splitter
    Steering wheel shot to shit
    Cheap mats
    Exhaust mounts are shot
    Front end paint is about 20 shades out

Yet its gone through a workshop of mechanics & detailers...

Indianbelters likes this.
  2. jasonkay

jasonkay

I wouldn’t buy this rubbish, why pay 7k when you can buy Steve @ R Sport cars one for £7700 with 75k I think and its mint!!

Common sense really...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Steve@R-Sport cars

Steve@R-Sport cars

Yeah lol exc mine - as I dont really advertise on here
    We still need to look after any buyer whatever the budget-

There is a heavy waft of BS on that advert
    Plucked from a private collection is usually an anogram for auction special.
    Stringent checks - hum what are they then if they cant even notice a knackered left exhaust mount.
    Pro detailed but painted on a beach by stevie wonder.
    & so on.

I thought we had a panel of experts on here ....

4. Gordon

Gordon

I feel the standout is the quality of wiper blade. Have you ever seen a less appropriate clip used? #noclue The fag lighter is also missing. The drivers seatbelt is also grease monkeys fingers magnolia; far from silver.

OS wing, OS door, bonnet and front bumper do all look different shades; it could be the awful photo quality though. It would need to be seen in person to ascertain what's been painted, but the front bumper has definitely been resprayed as it's missing the tiny black stickers from the ends of the vent above the number plate. I'd want to see the receipts for the cam-belt service and cross reference it all. Cam-belt done in biro is as trustworthy as Jimmy Saville.

A nice touch is that at least if Stevie Wonder sprayed the front he kept the original dealer number plates to reattach; including the rusty screws.

By the look of the photos of Steve's car, there's simply no contest to this.

5. Indianbelters

Indianbelters

Thanks for all you help guys, i've pulled out.
    I will be looking for another one in the near future

6. hoolio

hoolio

Trophy No.:
    307/500
    Well that's throwing down the gauntlet, it seems most of the usuals have been absent recently and I have been working 13/14 hour days so not going to make a passing comment. But yes it is the small details that ring the bells, I'll just add before I get off to work again, the state of the black plastics, not much care been lavished on that car.

7. Braddaz1

Braddaz1

It’s often a false economy to buy what appears to be a cheap Trophy. The reality is that it’ll likely cost ££££’s to put right. Belts, tensioners and Sachs rebuilds will clear £2,000, and that’s before addressing any other issues.