Maxogen replacement filter and cold inlet pipe size?

Reaction score
cheers Cue.

also will a samco or hill power induction hose be ok with a maxogen?

Reaction score
cheers Hoolio, will a 3" cold feed hose fit round the inlet and outlet of the Maxogen box and around
a silicone Hill/Samco induction pipe or will i need an internal coupler to connnect a 3" flexi hose to the silicone induction pipe.

cheers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Do you only have the carbon fiber box?
I've been told that itg do not recommend a cold air feed, not sure why.
Ill go and measure the trumpet and output from filter but not sure how compatible with other stuff it is.

Reaction score
only got box, £70 ebay (hopefully its the correct box [-o< )I took a chance, it looks like the ITG AB65 although I wont count my turnips till the chickens come in (as it might be the similar BAB65 box).

I need to get someone to make up a bracket (or i'll bodge one) I have noticed that some pics that the Maxogens have no cold air feed :? . so i wont bother for now, seems odd that one though.

I just need to find/make a bracket, buy the filter (£50) and connect Maxogen to the OEM\after market induction pipe.hey presto a reasonably cheap Maxogen.....maybe.

cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Okay trumpet is pretty much 4 inch on the button, the hose is 2 inch and 7/8ths about 73mm.

Reaction score
Ah so you out bid me eh? It looks like it's the right one and I think it doesn't have a cold feed directly connected as the air flow would then be in relation to how fast you are going and may even pressurise it too much.
I will post a link to a web site that has the filters later as when I spoke to merlinmotor sport they would only sell the maxogens as a complete unit?

Reaction score
Dsturbed said:
Hey shifty :wink:

i thought there would be more bidders IMHO, as much as I love u all i didnt want to advertise it on here :D

Didnt i post the link up for the different filters?

also are these not the Maxogen filters from Merlin

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/ITG-AIR-FILTERS-ITG-MAXOGEN/c432_435/index.html
Not sure but when I rang merlin they said they would get back to me and when they did they said itg said it wasnt viable? maybe just to get me to fork out the £400 ?
No worries if you won might get it off you cheap some time :lol:
http://atpowershop.co.uk/catalog/index. ... 1fd95325da by the way these sell some very nice direct to head throttle boddies.........

Reaction score
can someone tell me how the Maxogen is fixed to the chassis, a pic would be great :D

cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll get a pic of the bracket up later and i'll sort some dimensions out for you as well.

Reaction score
nice one Hoolio =D>

i'm trying to make a stop gap out ofg a radiator bracket at the mo and its terrible, but it might do the job for now :?

cheers

Reaction score
Just taken my bodged Maxogen for a spin, like the induction sound not sure the missis will though, and thats before the exhaust goes on :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Right here's a pic but its a lot more complicated than I thought, maybe its best if I were to do a stencil or something for you.

Attachments

• IMG00031-20090429-2007.jpg
    IMG00031-20090429-2007.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
ITG will sell me the plate for £35 (hmmmm), does the plate connect to the closed end of the carbon housing (mine doesnt have any holes drilled) and the front OEM filter housing mount?

cheers for your help hoo.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You mount the bracket onto the existing airbox mount using the two flanges and then mount the flat end of the max box onto the plate using the three bolts and then tighten up. I can almost do this in my head now I suppose I really ought to actually fit it.

Reaction score
when you put it on can you take a pic of the bracket, i cant work out where the two flanges connect, the larger flange goes on to original air box mount but the smaller flange?

cheers