Reaction score
Does any one know the theory behind these and do they really give any benefit over say removing the a/v and fitting a proper cold air feed to the standard filter case?
I would assume they have a bigger surface area but thats all.

Cheers

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The espace v6 airbox closely resembles the maxogen - not quite as good but better then the standard one, add a CAF and remap and it'll add around 5 bhp (estimate)

Reaction score
Yes have seen this over on cs, there must be a reason why they were used on the cup cars.If the maxogen had dyno proof of increase I,d get one but £400 pays for a remap- with a (hopefully :? ) guaranteed increase.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
In my opinion I dont think it will be worth £400. Also I think with the IK alone the fuel/air ratio would be affected in a bad way and it would be best to get a remap with it anyways. Depends on what you can afford or are willing to fork out...
I too would also like to know why people think the maxogen is the best IK for the 182? How can you just know without doing RR tests.

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the v6 airbox and how much it is, and the same for the filter that goes with it! Anyone done a fitting guide??

Reaction score
D4VP-C(309) said:
Does anyone know the part number for the v6 airbox and how much it is, and the same for the filter that goes with it! Anyone done a fitting guide??
Theres a few how to guides on cliosport if you are not a member let me know and I'll try and copy it over.

Reaction score
Im not a member lol, i'm too tight! Tbh i prefer this site from what i've seen of CS, no offence to anyone on there, just not my cup of tea!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I prefer Cliotrophy TBQFH

ClioTrophy - FTW :D

Reaction score
D4VP-C(309) said:
Im not a member lol, i'm too tight! Tbh i prefer this site from what i've seen of CS, no offence to anyone on there, just not my cup of tea!

I joined as they have some good group buys.

Theres too much slagging each other off and if you post it looks like theres always a troll waiting.Just have a look when somebody posts an engine mod and results, if its done by a certain firm all hell breaks loose!!

I will try later on when I've more time as to whats needed re v6 airbox.

Oh its far more easy going on here :D

Reaction score
I got a Maxogen fitted last week and i really do think there's an improvement, exact hp i dont know but it does have better pick-up and just really feels like it wants to get up to speed quicker. Maybe its just the awesome sound that comes from it. But either way im pretty pleased with the result.

Reaction score
D4VP-C(309) said:

Heres a brief outline:-
How to make an OEM Maxogen!

Ingredients but check part nos before ordering!

V6 Espace filter box pt no 7700 260 096
ITG Pro Filter pt no Bh-203
Samco Induction Bend
102mm Ducting
Renault ph1 172 Bracket + 3 screws

I've added a few pics, looks pretty strait forward to do.

1st remove all the acustic valve stuff then in with the new!

Whoops uploaded pics in wrong order but you get the drift

Attachments

• acoustics.jpg
    acoustics.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 86
  • CupCarAirBox10.jpg
    CupCarAirBox10.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 86
  • CupCarAirBox15.jpg
    CupCarAirBox15.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 95
Reaction score
Theres a guy round here that does carbon dipping, wonder how much he'd charge!
Any ideas how much it all comes to??

Reaction score
D4VP-C(309) said:
Theres a guy round here that does carbon dipping, wonder how much he'd charge!
Any ideas how much it all comes to??

Not sure i think its about £60 for the air box from Renault but some have got them from scrappies for £10
No idea about the filter though.

I'll keep a lookout to see if any come up.