Reaction score
Guys

Who has one fitted??? what are the noise implications??? any differences in power??

may be looking to get one fitted in the near future

cheers

Reaction score
its all in your head lol you dont need to spend all that money on a Maxogen

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mmmm, the Max has got a lot to prove and nobody has yet to do that conclusively though Mark Fish of all people highly recommended it and said that in conjunction with other well chosen mods offered real gains.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
my timings had it at nearly a second quicker to 100 so it must had had some effect - the removal of the oem stuff and their weight would also have helped.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Mmmm, the Max has got a lot to prove and nobody has yet to do that conclusively though Mark Fish of all people highly recommended it and said that in conjunction with other well chosen mods offered real gains.

Funny you should have said that.... ive been taking to Mr Fish, i planning on getting the CAT outlet mod done in conjuction. only a starchip left and my mods are complete...although his geometry/suspension ideas sound interesting.

Reaction score
Mark Fish modifies the CAT outlet pipe to create more of a free flowing exaust. Should only be used in conjunction with a CAT back modded arrangement to notice any improvement. MF recons that the area around the CAT is the most restricted area in the set up. pretty cheap and hopefully effective mod. No idea whether is more effective than a de-cat however this mod does not alter the CAT itself so no MOT worries.

that combined with Maxogen should means the car should breathe and expels gases more easily.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting, guessed that's what it might be though as to "the most conjested", someone has posed the idea that the reason the 182 is is so difficult to squeeze any more power out is that the exhaust ports are too restrictive. IE that the problem is infront of the cat.

What exhaust are you running with?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jimboss said:
Mark Fish modifies the CAT outlet pipe to create more of a free flowing exaust. Should only be used in conjunction with a CAT back modded arrangement to notice any improvement. MF recons that the area around the CAT is the most restricted area in the set up. pretty cheap and hopefully effective mod. No idea whether is more effective than a de-cat however this mod does not alter the CAT itself so no MOT worries.

that combined with Maxogen should means the car should breathe and expels gases more easily.

Been reading and re-reading this trying to work out how this might be done, can kinda understand the thinking behind it but wouldn't a larger bore back pipe be more effective as this will still be feeding into the fitted pipe.
Pretty interested, make sure you get pictures, i'm sure he won't mind you snapping away over his shoulder :wink:

Reaction score
Not too sure about photos as i wont be hanging around, if i can take them thats great. However i will take a note book and ask MF some furthers questions. Any Q&A i have i will post up on this link......

Reaction score
I heard that the Maxogens are only better than the rest when other major maods have been done i.e. Omex and cams!

But i do know that 2 cars with just panel filters and custom air feed put out more on the rr'd the same day as a car with just a maxogen - obviously this isn't conclusive as different cars put out different power as standard etc, but it is interesting.

I saved leaps and bounds in acceleration running with a viper, and then a viper with a custom CAF in the foglight, the difference with the CAF was massive, its not just the Maxogen that helps.

A friend has one and noticed no difference over his panel except noise!

They probably are the best all-round though as they are so expensive, so there must be a reason why!

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Lots of us, it's the best you can get.

Noise+
Power+

What Steve said :D

I have no conclusive RR figures but I know the car accelerates noticably quicker at the top end.........it was the last mechanical mod I did before I had it mapped. Don't think i'd spend approx £400 though if it was the only mod I was doing.

Reaction score
Sounds loud when revved and quiet at low revs which is good. Engine seems to pick up a bit earlier in the rev range. Seems to create a quite a lot of vibration though.

Reaction score
Just an update…..Maxogen and CAT outlet mod completed by Mark Fish. Mark put the car up on the ramps to explain to me what the CAT outlet mod is…..for the record there was another two 182 lined up to have this mod completed.

The inlet to the CAT is rather large, approximately the same diameter as my 2.5inch miltek system, however the outlet pipe joint onto the CAT back system is considerably smaller (hence restrictive), therefore Mark removes the restrictive joint and continues the larger CAT back pipe (with new extra bit of pipe) and wields it straight onto the CAT outlet. The mod acts in exactly the same way as K-Tec Racings high performance road CAT (a 200cell CAT with improved outlet mod). The picture on their web site is practically identical to the arrangement I now have, however with the Marks Fish solution it is considerably cheaper!! (especially as trophies have the 20cell CAT in the first place) :D

Here’ s the link

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2493

The maxogen is great makes a lovely bassey induction roar which is only really evident when pressing on. The arrangement looks lovely in the engine bay too.

With the new mods the car is a lot more responsive though out the rev range however it even more noticeable over 4K revs. Once over 4K revs it piles on the speed noticeably quicker and when already travelling at a fair speed putting the foot down further demonstrates stronger pick up.

Overall very impressed with the results ….just a starchip to go now and mission complete as remap will marry up all the mods very nicely.