Reaction score
After driving my Trophy my mate just had to have a RS....
DSC01206.jpg
DSC01207.jpg
[[url]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/scottdeb/DSC01208.jpg/img][/url]
[ATTACH=full]12785[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]12786[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]12787[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]12788[/ATTACH]
oops!! thats mine.....
[ATTACH=full]12789[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]12790[/ATTACH]

There is some good ones of his R27 to follow, just havent got them downloaded yet..

Attachments

• DSC01210.jpg
    DSC01210.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01211.jpg
    DSC01211.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01212.jpg
    DSC01212.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01066.jpg
    DSC01066.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01213.jpg
    DSC01213.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00561.jpg
    DSC00561.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
I test drove both (as well as the R26) and preferred the Trophy! Glad you have joined the party.

Reaction score
He chose well, shame about that pesky R27 blocking the view :lol:

Reaction score
He is happy with thr R27.
i must say though after driving it i think it handles just as good as the Trophy but there isnt as much feed back through the steering when cornering hard.

Reaction score
Scott...where as i would agree that the steering lacks feedback especially on the limit , i would disagree that the R27 handles as well....the ESP cuts in far to early on the R27 and there is marked understeer when cornering.

Reaction score
solo, what do you mean by where?
If you mean where did i drive it, it was just down the coast, through sluice and back to where i live, didnt take it down any proper twisty bits, he did keep up with me down the BeeHive road though, although i did have a accord type r infront of me, plus he could be a better driver than me.

Reaction score
Scott...Sorry i didnt mean "where" as in location...
its just a term or phrase...."where i would" i guess it means i would agree on this but not that...
maybe i'm using it in the wrong context...i'm confused now...
no doubt one day i will take on the wifes R27...its definatley a more relaxed car to drive especially with the smooth gearbox (even if the 5th gear is pointless)

Reaction score
son of solo said:
Scott...Sorry i didnt mean "where" as in location...
its just a term or phrase...."where i would" i guess it means i would agree on this but not that...
maybe i'm using it in the wrong context...i'm confused now...
no doubt one day i will take on the wifes R27...its definatley a more relaxed car to drive especially with the smooth gearbox (even if the 5th gear is pointless)

Sorry mate, just read it back and it was me reading it wrong, :oops: .
Mine does need the alignment sorted out which is getting done next week at Revolution, maybe thats why i thought it felt similar?

Reaction score
What are revolution doing to the car?

My pal took his ek9 their and they ruined his camber bolts along with a bolt on the suspension.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
What are revolution doing to the car?

My pal took his ek9 their and they ruined his camber bolts along with a bolt on the suspension.

Just the wheel alignment, thats the first bad thing i have heard about them. How long ago was that?
They have to be better than the last place i took it, they didnt have a clue what they were doing and i think the car was actually worse after they did it.
I will chance it with Revolution but cheers for the heads up, i will be sure to inspect the car when they are done.

Reaction score
This happened around May last year when I had my civic type r. I ll be honest my pal is a proper anorak over his ek9 but another lad who has a dc2 had issues with their work over an exhaust which was in September.

The same goes for XO at Team Valley, I ve heard really good reports about their service but then heard some absolute horror stories mainly to do with an FN2 and a couple of crxs.

Its a shame that there isn't more performance enhancing garages in the north east because their is plenty of opportunity there.

Do you sometimes go to JNE? Just I saw a Trophy last time I was down before Christmas.

Reaction score
Whats JNE? :oops: :?

Well i hope all goes well for me, they must do good work going off the cars that were in the carpark. Also with the Trophy being such a rare sight maybe they will take extra care with it, i hope! Like i said the lads i spoke to really seemed to know what they were talking about.

I will up date this next Friday and let you know how it went.

Reaction score
Jap North East at the Stadium of Light, it is a big car meet once a month. Last time I was there a little 182/225 contingent had emerged but didn't get a chance to talk to them.

Spoke to my dad yesterday and he took his O8 plate TT their and said the service was fantastic. He has heard really good feedback about their service. So it must just be my anorak mate making a fuss!

Reaction score
yep....have you tried R&P woods up by the freeman hospital ? they are the only people i would take my trophy to...