Reaction score
I'm having my inlet manifold matched next week and just wanted to know if anyone else has had this done! Will i notice much difference from standard? As I'm getting it done at a reasonable price i thought it would silly to turn it down!

Reaction score
Hi

Where are you having them done? as I have just spoken to AWT who have none left and not sure when these will be available in the short term.

I think its beneficial but the later 182's are less responsive than the earlier 172's as the later manifolds were cast better.

Reaction score
Ive had it done, hard to notice a difference while driving, but put the car on a rolling road and dont be surprised if it gains atleast 8bhp

Reaction score
Howdo

I'm having them done locally to me! Its is someone who used to work a K-tec racing and now works on track prepared cars mainly Jap cars! He is having the car for the day picking it up my work and then dropping it off once done so he will be using the inlet manifold thats on there! How long does it take to match the inklet manifold?
Im from Bournmouth BTW!
I did think about having it sent away but need the car on a daily basis!

Reaction score
jack_davey said:
Ive had it done, hard to notice a difference while driving, but put the car on a rolling road and dont be surprised if it gains atleast 8bhp
That much really? I thought maybe 2 or 3bhp so is a worthy modification!

Reaction score
I looked into this too a while ago with mixed results. Some say they've gained, others no gains. The gains I've seen from others with matched RS inlets are around 3-6bhp. It may be worthwhile if applied in conjunction with other modifications, eg, induction kit, cams, exhaust and remap, but IMO, on its own, not worth the outlay for the small gain.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rolling road results can vary a few bhp each time, so even if you had before and after RR results for the addition of matched inlets who is to say they actually add any bhp when your only talking 3-6bhp gain.
Also, if you were to expect a gain of 8bhp you would certainly feel a difference in power while driving.
Im not doubting the matched inlets will add a few bhp and I will be getting this mod done myself, but, I cant see it making 'much' of a difference to power considering the Trophy manifolds are pretty well matched to begin with, not enough to 'feel' a difference anyways.
Maybe with the addition of IK and remap the matched inlets will be a worthwhile gain to help the increased air flow.
Everyone I have spoken to who had had this mod done have said they didnt feel any difference in power but made the car more responsive.
Just my opinion anyways, and still a worthwhile mod considering the price.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i hardly noticed a gain in driving - i'd guess at 5 bhp max as it seemed to add a bit more urgency lower down the rev range. As has already been said the RS stamped inlets are pretty good anyway so it's horses for courses.

Reaction score
Matched inlet, cams and generic remap. no change at all below 4,300 - at max rpm about 6 bhp from the package. Custom remap found quite a lot of power throughout the range - will never know the contribution of the separate items.

Reaction score
I have the same feeling as Cue. My car seems to pick up earlier in the rev range. Depends how you feel about spending the money.