Reaction score
to cut a long story short, Matt very kindly came round my house today to help me (i say help, he did pretty uch all of it :lol: ) take the legendary pins out of my suspension.

Hit 1 or 2 problems but all is well now and I have been on a 45 minute country road drive on 24 a side and the handling is very very sharp, much better, and without really upsetting the ride comfort. Only on a really bad road do you notice it is harsher.

The settings are now 26 a side which i will test out later on tonight.

The strange thing though was that when we counted down the pin on the left hand side it was set at 15, the right was set at 20, but Matt and I are almost certain somebody has de-pinned the car before and then re-pinned them back into place. The pins were glued in on both sides, and on the right hand side, the red spinny bit (very technical I know :lol: ) was glued down too, there were a couple more things aswell but can't remember.

Anyway, very very happy and cannot wait to really play around with the firmness on track next friday and really work out what the best settings are for the track. Every session im going to change the firmness and work out which one is faster.

Big thanks to 7MAT anyway, top man and im very very grateful. I may even let you know what the best track settings are :wink:

Reaction score
Glad to here you got it sorted now dude!!

I know your brother didn't fancy pulling the pins out!

Reaction score
cheers Dan. Only just realised this was you lol. The car feels really good and its nice to know in your mind that it can be always be changed in a matter of seconds. No he didn't, he was too busy doing his speakers anyway, but Matt knew exactly what he was doing!

Reaction score
Neal said:
After I told him :wink:

:lol: :lol: well done you then.

Anyway, set them to 26 tonight and the handling is incredible, bit still don't have any problmes with the ride comfort at all. Up they go again tomorrow :D

Reaction score
Neal said:

What are your set to Neal? :lol:

Keep us posted on the optimum track settings Matt, sound like you had the adhesives pixies building your car - all that glue!

I think the main reason for un-pinning them is to make sure they are set correctly!

Reaction score
Steve said:
Neal said:

Keep us posted on the optimum track settings Matt, sound like you had the adhesives pixies building your car - all that glue!

I think the main reason for un-pinning them is to make sure they are set correctly!

will do, as I say its Donington next Friday and as it is sessioned, I will try something different every session and should be able to come to some kind of conclusion as to what is the best setting.

Can't wait to push the car!

Reaction score
Steve said:
Neal said:

It's my brothers I have i full fat 182 I think they are back on 18

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt X2C said:
will do, as I say its Donington next Friday

I'm going to be coming along to that too, look forward to seeing you there :D

Reaction score
Nik said:
Matt X2C said:
will do, as I say its Donington next Friday

I'm going to be coming along to that too, look forward to seeing you there :D

oh brilliant, see you there then! :D

out of interest, when you booked your ticket did you put yourself down as novice, intermediate etc??? Just wondering if we will be in the same session...cos they generally do it on ability I assume.

I was put in for novice :oops: :lol:

Reaction score
I've heard the novice sessions are always fun even if you're not one because you can overtake old timers in their brand new Ferrari F430's.

Reaction score
Steve said:
I've heard the novice sessions are always fun even if you're not one because you can overtake old timers in their brand new Ferrari F430's.

i sort of am a novice really, will be my first track day in my own car, but have driven round brands hatch in my brothers evo before.

Overtaking f430's sounds fun tho :lol:

Reaction score
Matt - enjoy next Friday - if you get the chance try and book some tuition early in the morning. It makes all the difference and I'll guarantee you will enjoy the afternoon more!

Looking forward to you findings re damper settings as I think you are going to be the first one on track with the pins removed.

TRL

Reaction score
....Just hope you don't put on your batman pants and try and defy the laws of physics....be interesting to here if the car still has progressive break-away or if it just throws its dummy out and puts you into the kitty litter (and not a wall, god forbid). :shock: