Market research letter

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anybody else received a letter from The Independent fieldwork co.? It starts "we are holding a market research event near you and would like you to attend. You have been invited because you own a sport vehicle and our client is particularly interested in talking about it with you." Blah blah blah blah blah.
I will not be attending as i'm always wary of these things and can think of many better things to do with the little spare time i have during Dec, but it's obviously "something" to do with reno as you get a reno branded gift for attending and where else would they get my address so i suspect a few others will get this.
What do you think :?:

Reaction score
I've never had one of these but I know of people who have, in fact one person had someone knock on their door to ask them (having seen their current car on the drive!). Not sure where they got the addresses from though, whether it was manuacturer / dealer / whatever.

They did say it was an interesting experience and gave them an insight into what the manufacturer was developing in future, i think they got a gift and food and drink. I'd go if it was offered to me, if only to tell them that we need more powerful, lightweight, stripped out cars rather than the bloated machines hot hatches have become.