Reaction score
I bought these last year from 480bhp but after lots of you can, you cant use them with rule changes for the sprint class I will be in they are up for sale.
These are around £360 now and are THE best top mounts.

I want £200 for them.

Attachments

• DSC_0765.JPG
    DSC_0765.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting that you are allowed damper/spring upgrades which can make a huge difference but not these which arguably do not offer quite a dramatic improvement.

Reaction score
been still thinking about getting some of these for mine - but could be too extreme for an everyday used car. Could anybody give some more reviews on road usage as well as track

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^^ Hang on a min. Yesterday you told me you were thinking of selling because you are fed up with the rattles and bangs (which come as standard on any Clio) and now your on about fitting Solid Top Mounts, Have a word !

Reaction score
Trophy No.
gib172 said:
been still thinking about getting some of these for mine - but could be too extreme for an everyday used car. Could anybody give some more reviews on road usage as well as track

As Ben, unless you know exactly what to expect from these probably best to at least try the AST which are easily removed and require no drilling of the turret (sorry Colin) They are not called SOLID top mounts for a giggle they are quite tough on the car and driver.

Reaction score
BenG said:
^^^ Hang on a min. Yesterday you told me you were thinking of selling because you are fed up with the rattles and bangs (which come as standard on any Clio) and now your on about fitting Solid Top Mounts, Have a word !

Sorry to hijack thread - I have always fancied some (but due to changes) I just wanted to see what there like as an everyday usage as well as track. Our sisters fella wants some for his 182 too - and he was asking how hard they are for road use....
Still going ahead ben! just got booked for cambelt in feb.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
gib172 said:

As Ben, unless you know exactly what to expect from these probably best to at least try the AST which are easily removed and require no drilling of the turret (sorry Colin) They are not called SOLID top mounts for a giggle they are quite tough on the car and driver.
No problem!

I agree about fitting springs and shocks but not allowing rose joints in the top mounts is ridiculous but try and work this out, if you buy coilovers and they come with a rose joint already fitted you can use them !? complete joke, you either allow everyone to use them or no one!! rant over :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think it's only fair to add that I think they are a great modification and think I would really notice the difference if I took them off.

shiftspark said:
I agree about fitting springs and shocks but not allowing rose joints in the top mounts is ridiculous but try and work this out, if you buy coilovers and they come with a rose joint already fitted you can use them !? complete joke, you either allow everyone to use them or no one!! rant over :D

:shock: :? #-o

Reaction score
Have you got them fitted hoolio? on another note too - the exhaust is still looking great! pulling the bumper back helped loads!
Rich

Reaction score
Trophy No.
shiftspark said:
spammers!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Count yourself lucky, there was a time when this thread would have been about ten pages long by now and would have gone from sex to cooking and then maybe back to STM's :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
A bit like Cliosport but without actually going back to STM's at some point.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
STM's = possitive, increased turn in speed, feels like a proper race car after fitting. Negatives, they'll have any fillings you have falling out - and take it very easy over speed bumps, pot holes and pebbles!

Reaction score
ive just bought these..... STOKED!!
Cue, can i not just fit them, then for every day turn the dampers down, save my spine and the car, then for track jack them back up to 22clicks plus ?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
In a word..Yes. That should minimise the harshness but wont get rid of it completely, I tried it with mine and I still felt some of the shocks. I did help mind. I couldnt be doing with the crap handling after I dialed the dampers down though :)

Reaction score
there is that,
Its not me though it my girlfriend she already complains she needs a sportsbra whenever we go anywhere...... not sure STM will sit particularly well. HA HA HA still all fun and games.

Reaction score
:lol:
sssssshhhh!!! she'll hear you!! ha ha ha thanks Colin really excited about this, been stressing at Uni and now i have something to look forward to! bring on the weekend! :)