MarcR Clio Trophy for sale on cliosport?

Reaction score
£11k and on 59k miles, but does include many spares, including 7 Trophy Turinis. That tickled me.

Does Dawn know about this one, surely it'd be perfect for her?

I'd be interested to know the reason for sale - I though Marc was a serial collector given the Trophy's stablemate(s)

Reaction score
£11,000? am i reading it right? eleven thousand? jesus mine is on less miles and 100% factory, if someone offered me £6k id have snapped their hand off for it!! maby I need to think about selling mine!!

Reaction score
You can hear it now......."I know darling the car is taking up room and I know I don't drive it very often, if you insist I will advertise it" ...........6 weeks later "well I have tried but the market for these is just dead, in fact there is another 12 for sale at the moment, we may as well keep it until things pick up"

unless of of course he's working for the Irish dealer trying to sell theirs at £15k or whatever it was!

Reaction score
I know its a nice trophy but that is crazy money for a trophy with not sub 20k on the the clock. But good luck with the sale if thats really what you want Marc

Reaction score
Not original? I've not read the original ad properly.

Forget that, just read the ad. I guess too much of someone else's idea of what a Trophy should be and at that money........

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would just like to add the following to the above

1, car was never really for sale and even if someone offered me £15k I would say no.

2, it was a pure exercise to prove a point that trophys are no where near the amount people are selling them for.

3, space is not an issue and I don't need to sell any car as I have a 6 car unit that's owned by me.

4, the car is not OE box fresh but given a weekend it could be as I have every original part.

5, even cars going for £8k that are stolen / recovered with missing keys are well over priced sub 20k mileage or not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Totally pointless exercise really. Various cars and their prices have been discussed in detail. Those that are overpriced will sit those that aren't will sell, the market decides that.
The £11k advert for yours was more than overpriced and was only going to attract disparaging comments whereas I was considering 277 at £8k.

Reaction score
It would seem you have far too much time on your hands sticking your nose into car enquiries on the clio Facebook page and now your starting on here!!!
If I decide to advertise my car for £8k thats my decision.

Reaction score
I'm fairly neutral on all of this and I'm sure Mark is not bothered but he's done himself no favours on this site in terms of credibility with his cliosport activities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
To be fair there is positive and negative points i have proved to myself and others (mainly not on this forum)

I would also like to point out that i don't care either way what other owners think or say about me or my Trophy as I'm not going to let a forum like this worry me, Like most people everyone jumps on the same bandwagon as every other person and follows the heard.

I don't have to justify what i done or why it was done to complete strangers who know nothing about me so i simply don't care.

You can sit and slate all you like and say "Why, He's A Prick, Guy Knows Nothing" and anything else you want too.

When it comes to favours on this site i really don't need any help / info or knowledge from here regarding my trophy or the info on the 182 trophy, the site is a 2 min stop gap when browsing hence i very rarely post on here or use the site.

Knocker to be fair you do have a good point in the fact you have said "If I decide to advertise my car for £8k thats my decision."

If i want to put my trophy up for £11k / £15k or £3k then i will as its my decision like you have pointed out.

So as far as I'm concerned people can keep posting in here and going on about it as i have nothing to hide regarding age, spec or history of my car like some people so future comments will be brushed off.

Last edited: