Reaction score
So much talent going to waste. Whats the point in trying making a huge, ugly 4x4 perform and handle like a supercar? Just to prove you can? At least Porsche make the GT3 and RS to excuse the (Admittedly impressive) Cayenne. It's worrying that the sort of person with that sort of money to spend on a car would rather have a monster truck than a focused, stripped out version of an already awesome car with real pedigree. I wonder if Renaultsport will provide us with any more Trophy versions in future or if they will just develop an overpowered Koleos instead. M3 CSL, 911 RS, Clio Trophy etc will be long remembered by people who know about cars. X5 4.8i SE Msport or whatever might be remembered by a few people who fell victim to the depreciation - Its now possible to buy an X5 for considerably less than the price of a good Trophy. The only 4x4 with any sort of deserved cult following is the original Land Rover. Come on BMW, sort yourselves out. Pleased I've got that off my chest and sorry if I've offended anyone.