Reaction score
Do the Trophy recaros have any kind of lumbar support? I did the best part of 1000 miles over the weekend and my back is really aching now....

Reaction score
I think you just answered your own question :D

I certainly haven't found any evidence of any kind of support.

Reaction score
If you look at the Recaro site a lot of their seats feature AirMatic lumbar support, I'm guessing they stripped that off of the Trophy?

Reaction score
I'm sure they did leave it out.

The Recaro site, in the "original equipment" bit, says that seats fitted to Renault Clio "Renault Sport" have a side airbag and the Trophy definitely hasn't, so i'm not surprised that the lumbar stuff is missing as well.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i found an electrical wire hanging out the bottom of both front seats this morning - doesn't appear as though it's meant to be connected to anything - as if they are fully electric, just that renault left the motors out of the equation.

Anyone able to confirm this?? and if so where do you get the motors?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
donkey said:
its not the sender for the seatbelt warning light is it?

no, seat belt still bleaps at me. It's like a typical electronics lead you get in the engine bay but it comes out of the seat - never noticed it before.

Reaction score
I believe Recaro sells bolster pillows for the seat for 'smaller' people which may include lumbar pillows.

For what it is worth... I try and sit quite deep in the seat to increase comfort (I have done 2000 miles in the last couple of weeks...). I find the higher up I try to sit (requiring me to really put my backside into the depths of the chair) the more comfortable it gets. When doing this I find the support in the chair really pushes into the correct area of the spine and is very supportive.

Also if you have bad posture on a day to day basis (i.e. like me!) then as soon as you find an ergonomic chair you may find it uncomfortable (as it will push in areas you're not used to).

Just my two cents...

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
I honestly think you may not have the seat set quite right.

The reason I say this is that I recently had spinal surgery (3 level lumbar fusion, couple of dozen bits of metal in my lower back) and find the Trophy far and away the most comfortable place to sit.

My consultant and Physio agree Recaros are the way forward for back conditions. When I go back to work, I will have to sit on a gym ball for many weeks, but everyone is more than happy for me to sit on Recaros for any length of time.

I brought my ultra expensive ergonomic office chair home with me, and am dying within the hour. 5 hour round trip in Ruby, no problem...

Reaction score
Portland said:
I honestly think you may not have the seat set quite right.

The reason I say this is that I recently had spinal surgery (3 level lumbar fusion, couple of dozen bits of metal in my lower back) and find the Trophy far and away the most comfortable place to sit.

My consultant and Physio agree Recaros are the way forward for back conditions. When I go back to work, I will have to sit on a gym ball for many weeks, but everyone is more than happy for me to sit on Recaros for any length of time.

I brought my ultra expensive ergonomic office chair home with me, and am dying within the hour. 5 hour round trip in Ruby, no problem...

The problem is you are quite limited for options re. seat postion!!

I have the seat as far back as it will go and the back rest nice and upright so that my head is against the headrest! All I lack is some lumbar support across my lower back....

Reaction score
the electric wire is for the electric motor version of the seat called sport line or something. i work at a factory were seats for sports cars are made... they leave all the gubbins in to save time leaving them out.. sounds strange but true.........the recaros for the trophy are the bottom of the pile for the recaro line........no quality product goes into a french car....unless its an f4r engine.......

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
big_peaches said:
the electric wire is for the electric motor version of the seat called sport line or something. i work at a factory were seats for sports cars are made... they leave all the gubbins in to save time leaving them out.. sounds strange but true.........the recaros for the trophy are the bottom of the pile for the recaro line........no quality product goes into a french car....unless its an f4r engine.......

knowing the french way of manufacturing cars, I thought this to bethe likely answer.

Reaction score
seats are seat with cars....the all come from the same company and are made the same way for most manufactures.....

Reaction score
oliie said:
I believe Recaro sells bolster pillows for the seat for 'smaller' people which may include lumbar pillows.

Any ideas where? I've searched the net and can find no trace of this for the trendline seat :( There's definately no mention on the official Recaro site.

I really need something because Mrs. Inferno is getting really annoyed with the fact that she constantly bashes her head on the plastic harness guides when I drive quickly (she's only 4'10").

I figure I either need a booster pillow or a pillow to sit over the harness guides to cushion her head. Any ideas anyone? The problem being I'm a bit of a label snob and wouldn't put anything on the seat that would 'cheapen' it - so it's Recaro only or she can carry on bashing her head.

Reaction score
Inferno said:
oliie said:

Any ideas where? I've searched the net and can find no trace of this for the trendline seat :( There's definately no mention on the official Recaro site.

I really need something because Mrs. Inferno is getting really annoyed with the fact that she constantly bashes her head on the plastic harness guides when I drive quickly (she's only 4'10").

I figure I either need a booster pillow or a pillow to sit over the harness guides to cushion her head. Any ideas anyone? The problem being I'm a bit of a label snob and wouldn't put anything on the seat that would 'cheapen' it - so it's Recaro only or she can carry on bashing her head.

What about Sparco?