nbc

Reaction score
Just had the 24,000 mile service carried out at Mark Fish, but with only 22k on the clock and he's found that the n/s lower ball joint is shot! Mark thinks it should be covered by the warranty but the by the reaction i received when booking the car in at Renault i'm not so sure they share his vew!

If they say no it's not covered would it be something worth fighting or would it be a losing battle?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well the obvious retort would be "well how long do renault expect this part to last?" clearly they can't say 20k and then you argue from there.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Argue with them - then get them to speak to Reno Customer Services.... That's unacceptable.. Ball joints are covered!

nbc

Reaction score
The steering wheel suddenly settled slightly off centre and the steering turning left seems to have stiffened but not anything major.

Renault are currently looking at it so i've started work on my defence material, hopefully never to be aired. We'll see.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry to hear your problem nbc, I take my car to John Pease Renault at cressing near braintree for all my warranty work and have to say they are great.(new gearbox no problems 8) )

Might be worth taking it to them if you don't get anywhere? Just make sure you ask for Jon, as the receptionist isn't great.

nbc

Reaction score
Thanks for that Gazza, will definitely keep in mind. I didn't consider Braintree. I work 1 minute from Darlingtons Harlow so, depsite my reservations, it's currently being operated on there! Some corrective surgery will undoubtedly be needed.

I've had no phone calls yet so fingers crossed it's been done under warranty..

Reaction score
This happened to both sides of mine, wasnt covered by warranty but mine had 50000 miles on it. Stealers said it was general wear and tear.
I got both bottom suspension arms, including the ball joints for £118 from reno, i did look else where but this was quite cheap, which is unusual for reno. They were going to charge me £300 to fit them so i got a mate to do them for £40.
Got to say after they were done the steering felt much more direct.

g40steve, i would say the main tell tale sign of them giving up is a knocking noise coming from the front when going over a rough bit of road.

Reaction score
Cue said:
Argue with them - then get them to speak to Reno Customer Services.... That's unacceptable.. Ball joints are covered!

I did argue with them and reno customer services but got no where, they just kept saying it was wear and tear due to the miles on the car. :evil:

Reaction score
I had my Trophy's nsf lower arm replaced under warranty as I only had 17k miles on it.
They did say that as a wear item its not explicity covered by the warranty, but as its unacceptable to be crocked with such low mileage they'd already gone ahead ordered the parts and rang to say they were doing the work 'for free'.
Customer service isn't dead at all Reno garages... Just most of them ;-)

nbc

Reaction score
All done and for free :)

They replaced the lower ball joint and the lower arm, the ecu bracket and the sump gasket all under warranty and without any dispute. Great service in all, apart form a mix up with my identity but a minor detail really.

I then had to pay a visit to MARK Fish to sort out an exploded headlamp bulb that he had installed which had burnt the inside of the light fitting! He apologised continually and ended up fitting a new headlamp unit out of his own pocket and checked renault's handy work while he was there. Two cups of coffee, a good chat with a couple of his guys in the workshop and a stroll around the impressive collection of race prepaired cars later and I was off, chuffed to bits with my again perfect Trophy.

Renault were good but Mark Fish still top dog...fish :roll:

Reaction score
good to hear that the harlow renault garage sorted it out without any issues, i hear fairly positive things over their servicing as well. Girlfriends 182 stub axle needs replacing and they gave alot cheaper quote than the renault garages in ware and enfield for parts and fitting by about £100- amazing how prices vary from stealer to stealer.

On another note i recon you must be the closest trophy owner to me......still have't seen one other trophy on the road yet!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
cool not too far away then. we should all meet up some time to discuss favorite roads in our area

Reaction score
^^^^ Seconded. Gazza, it's ages since I last saw you. I actually went out for a late night blast almost as far as Dunmow a few weeks back. The country roads between you and me are pretty reasonable. 8)