Reaction score
I have heard that as long as the oil is good quality and checked by habd to keep it to the max with regular servicing, personally i change mine every 6000 miles although whether this makes a difference. Oh and a good thrashing dose them good, these are the same engines used in the clio cup racers and the astandard valve springs will take an uprated rev limit to 7500 no probs so i have been told.

Reaction score
From experience 172's always produce their best power with 70K plus on the clock in standard form.

My 172 made 165bhp & 150lbft torque totally standard and it was on 125,000 miles. Felt a lot stronger than my trophy.

Reaction score
I'm just coming up to 42k I've not had a chance to drive it much since getting it in March!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone have any idea how many miles are on #001 that Renault UK owns? Does it even get used or is it trailered to/from any event where it's displayed? I should have asked when I saw it at the PistonHeads Sunday Service a few weeks ago.

IIRC it is neither low mileage, having been thrashed by jorno's or in the greatest of condition, there are some better examples owned by peeps on here. Though it now gets trailered around and lives in a bubble the rest of the time so will remain as is whilst others age.

Reaction score
Trophy 140 has done 17k in original ownership and still on original tyres with about half tread left. Never been out of garage at night and is totally original, except for two new spots due to usual glass fatigue. Oh, also has new wheel and tyre in boot. Doubt if been over 5k revs unless some mechanic has done so. Much cherished by its lady pensioner owner.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
"usual glass fatigue" that's a new one, what's that all about then?

Reaction score
Trophy 140 has done 17k in original ownership and still on original tyres with about half tread left. Never been out of garage at night and is totally original, except for two new spots due to usual glass fatigue. Oh, also has new wheel and tyre in boot. Doubt if been over 5k revs unless some mechanic has done so. Much cherished by its lady pensioner owner.

Hello 'Chump' - your 1st post after 5-6 yrs of ownership. Maybe you could register your (140) car on this forum? Sounds like you have an immaculate T :cool:

Reaction score
"usual glass fatigue" that's a new one, what's that all about then?

My interpretation is that the glass/plastic lenses of the front fog lights have 'crazed', 'fatigued' whatever one wishes to call it. Heat and cold cycles can do it.

If the lenses are made of glass perhaps they have been attacked by chemical or road pollutants causing 'blooming' or that milky colour that can occur with glass. If they are made of plastic simply age and exposure to the elements can make them deteriorate.

Best case scenario is that moisture has built up. It burns off when the fog's are on, moisture returning when they cool. Cleaning and water proofing is the soloution there; replacement isn't required.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clio Trophy 288 here on 17K, Always garage only comes out in this nice weather :)
My first Trophy i wrote off 3 years ago (Trophy no.180) 12K on the clock :(

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can't believe some of the Trophy have done so little miles, I can't stop driving mine!

Reaction score
I think someone said on this site many years ago that the glass in spots were made of sugarr icing and frequently cracked. Certainly mine did although the replacements have been no problem.

Reaction score
Mine is on 38k - garaged and only driven once a week at best and never in the wet, but its true having looked for a trophy this spring there are very few low mileage ones for sale, those that come up usually sell that day.