Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade the bulbs in my Trophy.

I've been on to the www.powerbulbs.co.uk website and the vehicle search only goes up to 2004 clios and recommends the following;

Indicator
PY21W

Low Beam
H7

High Beam
H1

I'm considering Philips Vison Plus for the H1 & H7 and Silvervsion for the indicators.

Before I go ahead and purchase are these the right type of bulbs for the 2005 Trophy?

7MAT

Reaction score
I had some Bosch Ultra white or similar from Halford's. They were expensive, but were very good. 90% sure H7 is correct, I know they were the most expensive thats for sure!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, looks like the right bulbs to me. I'm considering getting the Osram Silverstar bulbs for mine.

Reaction score
Nik said:
Yep, looks like the right bulbs to me. I'm considering getting the Osram Silverstar bulbs for mine.

I think you might be right Nik in going for the Osram Silverstars, as they just beat the Silvervisions in the Auto Express 2005 Best Buy awards.

"Victories don't come much closer than this! In the light tunnel there was little to choose between this and the Philips +50. But the Silverstar gets the Best Buy award, thanks to a slightly better figure in our 75 metre test"

Silverstars it is then.

7MAT

Reaction score
Osram Silverstars now ordered, purchased a set of H1 & H7 for only £38.19 from www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk using the 10% discount promotional code 'topgear10'.

Also got a set of FREE 501 w5w side light bulbs!

Just need to find the best deal for silver indicator bulbs as strangley autobulbsdirect don't list them!

7MAT

Reaction score
I went to Halfords and bought the super brillance bulbs, buy one get one free,

I have had them in every car i have owned and they are excellent. Well worth the money.

I have also used the PIAA bulbs which are expensive but give an amazing light output.

All depends on how far you wallet can go.

Reaction score
Got some Osrams thingies at the Autosport show. Much better illumination of the road, but a complete bugger to change. I think i've left a fair bit of skin on the pipes around the driver side headlight ha.

Reaction score
PMSL after 5 years of owning Clios I still end up with grazed nuckles and cuts on my hands. Even worse when you drop the bulb down below the headlamp unit.

Thinking of employing an elf to change the bulbs next time LOL

Reaction score
Its a real poxy design. I like the bit in the owners manual, "take it to a dealers" to do a bulb, i'd hate to think how much that would cost.

hyb

Reaction score
I've popped my silver visions in tonight that my bro bought me for christmas, they were a piece of cake, the freebie side lights though..how the HECK! Is there any simple way of doing this bar taking the bumper off and the light housing out!??

Reaction score
Side lights, weren't too bad, just get a flat head and gently pop out the holder. It was the H7 bulbs which were the pig to change. Don't be tempted to kick the car, find a wall instead. lol
Oh and have plasters at the ready, and some TCP. ha.

hyb

Reaction score
Don't know what you mean by poping out the holder, the lights I mean are the closest to the centre of the car

Reaction score
Received this little collection in todays post;

trophybulbs.jpg

Got the Silvervisions from www.powerbulbs.co.uk - two sets for £25 less 10% cliosport member discount. To receive discount from powerbulbs email them after purchases quoting 'cliosport 10% members discount'. Also received FREE Philips Bluevision w5w's.

The Osrams were from www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk (see my post above).

Might have a go at fitting these tomorrow lunch time, will let you all know how I get on and how badly my hands get shredded!

7MAT

Reaction score
Thats right the lower of the two light holders are the side lights. Don't pull the wires, but they are pretty stiff so just gently lever the white bit. You may not need to, but i've got fat hands and fingers so not the greatest things to get in small places.

I want to see photos of bloodied hands and fingers hahaha.

Reaction score
Nik, I'm after some uprated bulbs for the YOJ due to the car nearly being written off today!!! :shock:

What you reccommend? Phillips, Bosch? help appreciated mate

Tom

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
As discussed, i'd go for some H4 Osram Silverstars. Apparently they just (only just!) have the edge over the Philips Vision Plus.

Reaction score
Could anyone with the osrams post a photo of their car with the headlights on. Doesn't have to be in the pitch black just as it's getting dark. Just want to see what they actually look like.

Thanks

Reaction score
OK I've just finished fitting all my bulbs, that's two set of silvervision indicator bulbs, both H1's & H7's and w5w's.

It's a b_astard of a job - took me 30mins and yes both my hands are bleeding!!

7MAT

Reaction score
I just hope the Osram bulbs and Silvervisions last and won't need to be changed for a long while. Well at least until the scabs have healed up.