Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know it's a long shot trying to diagnose a problem with my 182 over the net without seeing or hearing a car, but some of you guys are very clued up & thought you may be able to help me.

I have a funny feeling I have a engine or possible gearbox mount gone or on the way out.
The best way to describe the noise I'm hearing is this....

If in 1st or 2nd & putting your foot down to say 3K & backing off I get a "dong dong" coming from the right hand side of the car.
I don't hear this in any gear above 2nd, does this sound like a a typical description of an engine or box mount going or gone?

Again I know it's very difficult without seeing, hearing or being in the car, but just trying to narrow down any possibilities before taking it a garage.

Also a couple of questions, if it one of the mounts gone would this be covered by warranty? (The car is on a 55 plate)
If not would it be worth upgraded the bushes to the poly ones?
I know this are alot stiffer & I had them in the DC5, but they did soften up after a few weeks.

Any help would be great...

Thanks in advance a Monkey in need
Lee

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Grab hold of engine rock back & forth.

Mount near cambelt, much movement or clicking sound??

If so new mount under warranty :D

Cheers for the prompt reply Steve :wink:

I'll run out & have a nose in a mo.

Sounds daft, but should I be able to move the engine @ all by hand?

All all the mounts covered by warranty?

Reaction score
Steve - I just had a look see & if I really try & do get some clicking.
I have read on CS that by undoing the 4 bolts & moving the mount as far forward as I can by hand & retightening them if can cure it as they can move?

Worth a try before letting Renault spanner monkeys loose her? :?:

Reaction score
Just tried on my own for the fix, but tbh I couldn't hold the engine & use the pish poor tools someone in the office lent me.
Although the front 2 bolt looks like they would gain some space, although the rear tab won't allow much more movement.
Going to have another go with some help & better tools & see how I get on.

If this doesn't work it'll be going to Renault & I'll be walking round the car with the service manager & taking note of the mileage.

The car will not need to go more than a mile to check its cured.

Proper gutted @ the mo.

Reaction score
After doing a search on CS re: decent Surrey dealerships she's going to Coulsdon tomorrow morning for them to look at. Fingers crossed they find the fault & it's covered by warranty & I hope my Eibach springs won't effect any claim.

I'll keep you updated, thanks again for the help you 2 :wink:

Reaction score
Update: Got a text @ 8am this morning to tell me my car was in the workshop, then a call by 9am to say it was a collapsed engine top mount, the part should hopefully be with this this arvo & fitted today or by the morning @ the latest.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good news, always a relief to have a problem solved and easily fixed.

Reaction score
Cheers again guys, I'll report on their service once the car is back :wink:

Reaction score
Well I picked the car up this evening & what can I say, the best dealership of any manufacturer I've ever been to in all honesty. :shock: 8)

Got a text @ 4.30pm to let me know the car was ready & gave them a call to confirm & spoke to the guy I'd been dealing with to confirm closing times as they wanted to give the car a wash & hoover for me.
Due to having the car detailed over Xmas I asked if the car could just be jet washed & left to dry, but the interior cleaned as normal & they only to happy to do this for me.

The car feels tighter than ever & everything feels more positive. :D

This will now be the only dealership for me as long as I own a Renault....superb service.
Renault Croydon (Coulsdon branch) should be very proud of themselves & I may call & speak to the Service Manager to relate this to them.

Surrey lads, any probs.....use them, you won't be disappointed :wink: