Reaction score
Hi,

I have just discovered a leak and could do with some help identifying what it might be. It is a pinkish fluid, there are no warning lights on the dash and the car appears to run ok. I will be getting it booked into a garage but could do with a heads up.

Thanks

James

Attachments

• Leak Photo.JPG
    Leak Photo.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Looks to me like anti-freeze however the 182's i think of the top of my head should be of a yellow/green colour so either you had the wrong type put in at some point or its something else, thing is you cant see a lot with the under-tray on so would be worth looking under bonnet see it the level on the header tank has dropped.

Clio's in general usually suffer from water pump failure however the 182 is aux belt driven and they have a tendency not to fail like the smaller engines, i do know the seal can leak on the thermostat housing, if so might be worth getting that done at same time save you doing it if it fails other than that from info given not much help i can give.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What colour is the fluid in the header tank? Have you had the air con going during this got weather?

Reaction score
Air con dye is a green/yellow colour and is a lot brighter and the pag oil used is clear in newer vehicles so i would rule that out. It looks to me like anti-freeze but its not the standard colour, i just checked and the renault stuff i got a few months back was green in colour but when mixed 50/50 looks clear. I have seen this anti-freeze colour in my brothers clio 1.2 16v which is a 2004 plate.