Reaction score
As many of you may be aware and if so now probably becoming quite bored with my posts on my T lacking in power I'm sorry however I may have just found it !!

Well keeping it short here it is ... With the trophy parked (in neutral) idle is very lumpy but this is normal for the 182's, when I slowly increase the revs the engine becomes steady and smooth which is good :) however this next part is where I think the problem is ! ... when the revs start to reach 2500 - 2800 rpm the engine starts to become slightly lumpy and vibrations can be felt through the car, if i go past 2800 rpm the vibrations and lumpiness goes completely and runs fine again. This is not right and I think its the problem !!

What could be causing this ????

Cheers
Rob

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aucky said:
Cam timing perhaps?

I think we both said this in the other thread. The problem manifested itself after the major service, have you had this checked yet?

Reaction score
The guy says timing cant be out as if it was it would be flagged up as lights on the dash ... ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Robh18 said:
The guy says timing cant be out as if it was it would be flagged up as lights on the dash ... ?

Methinks with comments like this your guy is not as good as you think. Really your car should not run worse after you take it to a garage and if it does it seems to suggest that they have not done something right.

Reaction score
That's true, but is he correct in saying the car if not timed properly will flag up lights on the dash ? or can the timing be out slightly and no lights present ??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No, as far as I am aware incorrect timing will not bring up any lights. I'm no mechanic/engineer and that is why I'm loath to give advice a lot of the time. It may not be a timing thing but it does seem that you may not be getting the best advice/service from the guys you are using.

Reaction score
I agree, but just wondered; anyone mentioned/considered a worn dephaser pulley?
In any case, whoever worked on it shouldn't be asking you to do the fault finding, they should be sorting it out!

is1

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
I agree, but just wondered; anyone mentioned/considered a worn dephaser pulley?
In any case, whoever worked on it shouldn't be asking you to do the fault finding, they should be sorting it out!

I think the car's only done about 13,000 miles hasn't it?

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, the car is now on just over 14k
And the guy is real good mates with the guys from Renault, next Tuesday my mechanic is removing the original Renault mapping and re installing it, he thinks it could be a mapping fault, he doesn't seem to think its timing.