Reaction score
I have placed an order for these on Tuesday and I still have not received them. I was going to phone up on monday. I have realised that they are based in the lakes and so are probably flooded. Anyone got any further info on their situation. Does anywhere else sell them? I have 2 fronts on the wear markers and a rear with a screw in it, but keeping pressure. I'm desparate. LOL [-o<

Reaction score
I buy mine from South Shore Limited in Blackpool - 01253 761362 who were recommended to me by Kumho. Their prices and service are excellent and Tony is a total enthusiast.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
South Shore LTD in Blackpool ?
Should be fine ordering Tyres from there mate i'd say.

The pics above are about 40 miles away from Whitehaven but pretty much all of the Lake District was affected badly by the floods.

Reaction score
Panic over, they arrived this morning and are now on the car. Top Marks Camskill. I've set them 26F 24R. Is that ok on the road?

Reaction score
I look forward to your observations with interest. Which compound have you gone for BTW?

Reaction score
I went for hard on the front and medium on the rear. My thinking behind this decision was to make them last a bit longer. I may increase the front pressures a little, as the wall is a bit to flexible looking, if you know what I mean. just from driving 0.5 miles home, I found that they seem better with more negative camber, as they tend to scrub the ground when you turn. I may be talking tofffee, so hold fire until I give a full report. As I have just had the dampers refurbed (yes in the same week lol), I need to get the camber reset as one side is more upright than the other.

Reaction score
For hill climbing I used soft all round and set them at the recommended pressures of 26/24. Luke335 then used them for a while - don't know if he tried other pressures for longer duration running.

Reaction score
Some guy at the ring told me he ran them as low as 19 on an old BMW track car, but I'm not 100% sure it was the same tyre. The soft compound meant that George's old tyres were very slippery after a few minutes whatever the pressure. I thought they looked a little more worn in the centre when I picked them up? Unfortunately a quiet summer at work has ruined any trackday plans for me recently. :( Next year!

Reaction score
I looked at them again today and 24/26 seems fine after all. First impressions are brilliant, it feels like they should have been on everyone's car from day one. more soon...

Reaction score
Enjoy them whilst you can. I heard a rumour that this type of tyre will eventually lose their road legal status because of some inevitably EU requirement for resistance to aquaplaning. This is becuase they come with only 4mm tread depth and have minimal tread pattern. Logic says that any road tyre wears down to this level, and it is hard to see anyone replacing tyres when they still have 4mm of tread - but then logic rarely applies in the corridors of the EU!!

Reaction score
Well I compared the tread pattern of the PE2's with the Kumho's and they are very similar. They seem as good as the michelins in the wet. We should all take it easy in the wet.Bald michelins in the wet are still very scary.